Do we dare to root for Tiger High?

I know that would make for an easier path ahead if they won. I’m afraid I just can’t do it though.

Memphis State was my team growing up as Memphis was closer to my home and we got their TV channels, which showed Tiger games.

That was until KATV put the Razorbacks on TV on a tape delayed basis. My 12-year-old self "flipped"my fandom on Jan. 5, 1976 to the Triplets with the 92-47 win over Houston.

1 Like

If the Hogs win…I don’t want to jinx us and say “when”…I will ABSOLUTELY be pulling for Memphis. Hard.

The Hog-Tiger rivalry was a hot one for a long time.

Until Calipari came in and decided they needed to “play a National schedule”

Yeah I followed Gene Bartow’s team in those days. Even paid a little attention to what Moe Iba’s teams were doing. Listened to Big Jack Eaton. Still, I was rooting for the Hogs and Martin Terry that night in 73 when we almost upset the eventual National runnersup. I started to dislike them during the Dana Kirk years. By the time Calapari got there, I wanted nothing to do with. The addition of Little Rock channels was a big deal for those of us in East Arkansas in those days. Certainly a huge deal in sports. But Little Rock had no answer for George Kline and his Talent Party, featuring the WHB Quties!

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.