DMac looking forward to running the ball again for Dallas

http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/nfl … 94776.html

It will be interesting to see how much the Cowboys use McFadden the next six weeks. My guess is that Alfred Morris gets the majority of the carries, and McFadden is rotated in every third or fourth series.

[quote=“MattJones”]
It will be interesting to see how much the Cowboys use McFadden the next six weeks. My guess is that Alfred Morris gets the majority of the carries, and McFadden is rotated in every third or fourth series.
[/quote]I believe it makes sense to start that way this week, since McFadden hasn’t taken any live hits since the exhibition season. But after that, it will be whoever the “hot” back is - similar to what Arkansas has been doing this season. It wouldn’t surprise me at all for the “starter” to finish a game with 6 carries, while another back totes the rock for 12-15 in the same game.

I don’t understand DMac not being ahead of Alfred Morris. DMac gained 1200 yards in around 8-9 games in 2015 for the Cowboys. He played great. Morris is solid, but he is no DMac. I guess we’ll see how this turns out. That great Cowboy offensive line would be fun to run behind, I know that. As fast as McFadden still is and with those great hands, I have never understood why they didn’t put him at receiver if they weren’t going to let him run the ball. He is so versatile.

I actually think after one game DMac will be the feature back, unless he lost something from last season. Morris never had very good speed or elusiveness, and he looks even more like a 2.5 yards and a cloud of dust guy this year. DMac gives them a much better option to stress the defense a bit, and certainly looks more capable of chunk plays. Plus he is coming in with fresh legs and half a season worth of practice.

This would be the only reason I will watch the NFL to see Dmac!!!

It’s pretty simple: Morris performed better than McFadden in the preseason. It’s not like Morris is a bad back; he had three 1,000-yard seasons in Washington. He also has had some production this season, including a 70-yard run a few weeks back against the Rams.

That 70 yard run Morris had…he looked like he was carrying a piano on his back…he should have scored. No way Alfred Morris is better than DMac. It’s no wonder the Cowboys haven’t won a Super Bowl since Barry Switzer coached almost 30 years ago.

Elliott was granted another injunction, so McFadden won’t play against the Chiefs.

I hate that for DMac. The Cowboys might make the playoffs and then Zeke might not play. They probably should have just let him serve the suspension. He would have been playing by now. It really doesn’t matter, I guess. Dallas isn’t going to go to the NFL Championship game(Super Bowl).

They’ll stretch this out forever.

Before the latest injunction was announced, I heard on an ESPN fantasy football segment this morning that DMac was likely to be the third back for Dallas this week, behind Morris and Rod Smith, if the suspension was upheld. Depth chart on the Cowboys site shows DM #2, so not sure where that comes from, but thought I’d pass it along.