DL coach

https://twitter.com/zach_barnett/status/1096487730631098368

https://auburntigers.com/staff.aspx?staff=1502

Good recruiter?

I see he’s a Memphis guy, that’s big. Especially seeing where he played highschool ball.

Told he’s a very good man with obvious connections with Memphis area.

trusting the staff on this one,hasn’t coached in 3 yrs but if we can get some memphis recruits it will help for sure…how highly thought of is he??

I love where he is from and the connections to Memphis and the eastern side of Arkansas having coached at ASU for so many years. However, am I the only one that scratched my head on this hire? Not bashing it by any means, just a little surprised, especially since he has had any “on-field” coaching in past 3 years. Doesn’t mean he can’t get the job done just seems a little surprising to me. Maybe it will be a combination of him and Caldwell handling the DL. Shouldn’t hurt in recruiting that’s for sure!

First time I have seen a coach hired to recruit one area, Memphis.
I feel Coach Ingram salary will be much less than what Coach John Scott Jr. salary was.
I sure would like to see Coach Mark Smith and Coach Justin Steep given a nice bump in their salary with the extra money.

You would expect he’s also developed ties in Alabama, Georgia and northern Florida in his Auburn days. I always expected the hire to be someone who has worked or knows Steve Caldwell. In this case, he played for Steve. I do not ever expect Chad Morris to hire a coach who will not lift recruiting. I’m told by some who know him that he’s a good hire for recruiting.

Cool. That works for me, I don’t care personally if he’s a good coach, I want him to be a great recruiter. His ties to Tennessee and Alabama will be nice. I hope he gets started in the Memphis kids, there’s some ballers there. I also like that he’s a former HS coach, that seems to have a positive trend in recruiting.

Good hire in my eyes. I’m not huge on homerun hires anyway, they tend to be over hyped, and often under deliver. The low key guys will sneak up on you. Look at Mark Smith, he’s a keeper and people were questioning his hire last year because he wasn’t an on field coach at SMU.

Thanks for the information on this Clay…good stuff and agree that it certainly should help in recruiting!

Its all about Jimmys and Joes - if he can go get them his coaching performance will get better and better!

Exactly JacksonReid!!

Like I did with Nutt,Petrino, and B’s assistants…I would like for anyone with information to share with this board the recruits he was responsible for recruiting at his other stops to show how “influential” he really was in the Memphis area.

At Auburn in his administrative role did he have any influence on getting kids from Memphis to Auburn for visits or signing? If so; care to share any of that information.

He seems to fall in line with most of the staff as far as history and roots etc. Sounds like recruiting has probably been a big part of his recent responsibilities. My question is why was this hire not made a couple weeks ago or longer? Sounds like could be a part of the alphabet after A.

Was going to make the same comment about Coach Smith. Probably more of a recruiter than a solid DL coach. With Caldwell here, I reckon this is what we need.

I worked with him when he was at the University of Cincinnati, when I was doing executive security for Coach Tubberville and the team. I liked his demeanor and interaction on the sideline. His ability to recruit, and working with Coach Caldwell will serve the team well. I’m satisfied with this hire.

I worked with him when he was at the University of Cincinnati, when I was doing executive security for Coach Tubberville and the team. I liked his demeanor and interaction on the sideline. His ability to recruit, and working with Coach Caldwell will serve the team well. I’m satisfied with this hire.

Interesting insights …thanks for sharing.