Devo is balling out!

What an incredible game by him tonight! He has really stepped it up these last three or four games playing like I knew he could. Hopefully he can continue it, totally different team with him out there when he’s playing like this.

8 Likes

Yea that’s what I was saying in the Final Box thread… I think Devo was the MVP tonight. Fantastic final line across the stat board!!

4 Likes

Yeah he was the MVP tonight for me as well he made some great passes too he was really good! Just got to be smarter at the end on that but otherwise a brilliant performance

3 Likes

He is coming on at the right time offensively. Hitting big shots (3’s). Hitting FT’s. Driving to the basket with authority.
Staying locked in on defense like always. His confidence is back more than ever.

6 Likes

Playing hard, but under control. Not forcing. Looked like he was having fun.

4 Likes

He’s always been able to shoot well when his body is squared up and his feet are set, he has been rushing shots all year long up until the last three or four games… he’s always been dangerous taking the ball to the rack… just stay under control Let The Game come to you Devo and you can be an enormous help to us, just like you were last year.

1 Like

I think it was his best game as a Hog. Played great.

2 Likes

Needs to bring that same game Saturday

2 Likes

I totally agree …he was absolutely phenomenal tonight.

1 Like

Yeah, these last few games he’s started playing like he did the last dozen or so games last season. If he keeps this up through the end of this season, we may have back to back SEC 6th men of the year.

2 Likes

Very good point. He needs to watch the slapping the backboard technicals. That can make him lose the marginal calls if the officials think he thinks he is bigger than the game.

Won’t be anymore showboating like that from Devo. Bet Muss squashed that quickly in the locker room after the game. He may have got an earful from the other guys as well.

1 Like

Devo on the post game apologized and said they would definitely be no more of that

1 Like

Looked like Devo let the game come to him and he looked confident, the bounce pass under the basket he made late in the game was made by having court awareness. The best I’ve seen him play and he was having fun tonight knowing he was making a productive contribution . This is one of the most unique teams I’ve watched take the floor for Arkansas, hard nose defenders, shares the ball, has each other’s back, never gets down on each other, always lifting each other up and has a smile on their face more than any team I’ve watched. Rapidly becoming one of my all time favorite Razorbacks team. WPS

1 Like

Heck I ain’t mad at Devo since it didn’t cost us the game, lol. Emotions run high in those type of situations and lord knows what kind of heckling he got all game long from the fans. On top of watching / listening to Castleton whine for 2 full halves.

I guarantee you in my younger days on the court I would have dunked & hand slapped backboards & hung and swung like Tarzan from the rim if I we’re capable. Coach Parrish would have punished me to no end to.
Sadly as good as I was that stuff was far beyond my capabilities, lol.

3 Likes

Coming on at the right time when we really need him. If Lykes can do likewise we will be a fearsome foe indeed. Both are disruptive on defense, so if they limit turnovers and score, opponents will suffer greatly when they collapse on JD, Williams, or whomever is posting up. Kick it out or if JD is doubled he can pass it over. This is the ideal we were looking for at the beginning of the season hopefully coming to fruition when we need it, tournament time.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.