Devo Davis not playing tonight

Nick Smith will play tonight.

2 Likes

This is weird and surprising to me. I would like a better explanation.

Me too, but I doubt we’ll get it. I’m sure Bob will ask, and I’m sure Muss will shoot him down.

I could tell something was bad wrong after half time in the last game. Muss and him must have really gotten into it.

I hope Devo is ok.

1 Like

Well this is extremely disappointing

Devo is dealing with personal issues and this is just partially basketball driven… we are better when he is on the team.

3 Likes

I think we are better too. I hope he resolves his personal issues. Devo has done a lot of good for this basketball program the past couple of years. Good kid.

3 Likes

Several sources (AAU coaches) I trust have confirmed it has to do with the verbal exchange with Muss in Maui when Muss told him to quit shooting threes, He has been told to sit out and think about it. No one knows what Devo will do next yet. You won’t see this officially confirmed.

Muss absolutely did the right thing. You can’t have loose cannons on the team.

2 Likes

He has defense; he has energy and quickness; and he’s had a super attitude. I hope he comes back-and quickly.

3 Likes

Have Darrel Walker talk to him. You can have a successful by playing lockdown defense. He and Alvin Robertson wrote the book on this role.

1 Like

Sidney as well. When he first got here he was a defense, rebound and short shot player. He worked and honed his craft and developed his outside shot over four years.

Don’t have a good feeling about this. Muss could have told him to cut the three point shooting without telling him to sit it out. Devo is also a proud young man. Muss needs to address this issue with Devo in private. This can’t be allowed to fester too long. Could affect the rest of the team. Devo could end up transferring if Muss is not careful.

He has addressed it in private. This board and everyone else is trying to make it public. Devo is dealing with stuff. Muss is respecting his privacy. That’s what muss said in the press conference. I don’t care what aau coaches think they know or what anyone else thinks they know. Muss commented on it. Leave it at that. Respect the man’s privacy and move on.

2 Likes

Thanks. Either some don’t listen or read or they think Muss is lying.

1 Like

He may be dealing with stuff but he was out at the club in Little Rock on Saturday.

Clearly dealing with stuff wouldn’t you say…if that’s where his head is.

With Deion?

I am sure if Devo had accepted Muss asking him to cut out the threes, he would not have to sit out.

1 Like

What is “the club” in Little Rock?