Defensive Players and Cheerleaders

Coach Morris was asked about defensive starters who came out of the locker room after warmups and tried to exchange information with cheerleaders from MSU. Unbelievable! He said it was “unacceptable in every area of the program …”

If this is true I’d run their asses off and I don’t care I it’s Agim and Pulley.

Time to set a standard and run off our culture problems.

Wow ! That’s no focus on the game which probably explains the way we have been playing. I hope that was a very small group involved in this issue, if there was a captain involved he should lose his position. This is a mess and I’m anxious to see how CCM responses other than verbally! WPS

It was Pulley and Curl, according to Clay.

Great - Pulley is declaring after the season. I hope Morris suggests he declare tonight or tomorrow, but he’d not be on the field in Columbia. Curl should be suspended and told he’s welcome to see if Tulsa has a spot for him.

Yes, that is not acceptable in any fashion whatsoever.

Well, I hope the Pom Pom girls were cute and they at least got some phone numbers. It reminds me of a coach who would text his girlfriend from the sideline during warm-ups. It just proves your priorities are wrong. Friends, we have a loser culture in Fayetteville and it was festering before Coach Morris got here. The good news is: I think Coach Morris is just the type of guy to turn this ship around. Ships don’t turn like speedboats so I’m being patient. Still a fan. Always a fan. I’m just ready for the culture shift.

It will be interesting to see what CCM does with those two this week.

I’m thinking benching is appropriate.

Ridiculous

Hopefully, neither one will be on the field next week. That is less than unacceptable; they are traitors. That may be strong language, but it used to be that there was absolutely no fraternization with the opponent before the game–and that would include the pom pom squad. Knowing the way the defense played, Pulley and Curl probably had the girls’ numbers slip through their fingers.

Like phone numbers? Seriously? Clean house.

yeah and both Pulley and Curl played like baby poo! we are worst tackling team I have ever seen pulley effort on that TD run was atrocious :? and Curl didn’t cover anybody all day…would both be so far down on the bench that would have get uber to just get to the field.

I agree on Pulley and Curl’s antics and effort today.

But that being said, Curl is much better than people give him credit for being.

He’s got burned a couple of times for sure, but his coverage - per coverage analytics put out by the SEC - has been top five in the league among safties.

[quote=“youdaman”]

yeah and both Pulley and Curl played like baby poo! we are worst tackling team I have ever seen pulley effort on that TD run was atrocious :? and Curl didn’t cover anybody all day…would both be so far down on the bench that would have get uber to just get to the field.

[/quote]If true, they don’t even make the trip to Columbia. Don’t need to be hitting up their pom squad, too.

Not good enough if he gives poor effort and is attitude problem.

Seriously, he needs to go. Would be a huge statement to all of the recruits and freshman redshirting or playing in supporting roles.

TNA can’t just be a recruiting slogan - needs to be a real top to bottom cleansing.

That’s part of the problem with poor disciple on and off the field. When you have the same result with the same players long enough to see what they can’t do why expect a different result.
Send em down the road!
It’s time for a standard to de enforced. Dismissing those involved would send a message.
It’s one thing to get beat and it’s a complete different story to show a lack of focus and discipline.
Pulley like to celebrate an individual play when the team is getting beat! Just like he got beat today and failed to cover on a TD!
He’s not NFL ready in my opinion. Curl has been led by the leaders of the losing regime. He followed the wrong leader!
It might be a good spot for some WR’s that catch a cold or the ball if no one else is available.

As I said in another post, he needs to be punished but not kicked off.

And yes, it would a make a statement to recruits and players - just not the one you think it would make.

Okay… what statement would it be then?

yes i saw that stat on Curl Dudley and he had been playing well,but he obviously had his mind somewhere else.definently not kicked off but I would get his attention like he’s never had it before.

MSU radio was not impressed with Curl play, and really jumped all over a WR engaging him and pushing him downfield 15 yards on a running play. They ate that up and said Curl was no physical match for the WR. I think I miss Paul Rhodes who could probably repair some devastated psyches. Pulley is going to have a lot to do to make a draft list given his earlier misbehavior. strange days indeed, but there are cute chicks on MSU campus. Probably shows the attitude of Pulley walking in and Curl just followed.

I’m not surprised. They are 18-21 year olds. Should be repercussions,
Probably wouldn’t be so much flak if we won.
But it is what we have succumbed to - lost focus, discipline, desire.