Dead period extended to July 31

No surprise.

Nike EYBL and Peach Jam officially cancelled. Tough times on all of the cities hosting live events in July.

Will players be able to take their offical visits any time after July 31st?

Well, they’ll be practicing themselves, just as the college teams will be in fall camps. I wouldn’t be surprised if they didn’t push it until Sept 1st for visits.

In the pas, the month of August has been a Dead Period on the recruiting calendar. I’m sure it will be this year.

I don’t think you can predict anything for 2020 based on what has happened in the past, because nothing like this year has happened… well since 1918. It may well be that the dead period is extended into August, but maybe not,

The NCAA business year begins August 1, and runs through July 31, the following year.

Here is 19-20 recruiting calendar.
Scroll to bottom of page to see calendar.

That calendar wasn’t written with the assumption that there would be a dead period for most of the spring and all summer. In all likelihood it will be changed, possibly more than once.

My mistake, I thought the discussion was on whether recruits could visit during the month of August.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.