DC candidates

thoughts on choices familiar with Chad Morris style:

John Chavis–61 yr old former TN, LSU and A&M DC. long been considered one of the best in the country. Is always better the better the talent he has to work with. Will not be free until after the bowl game

Phil Bennett–former DC with Bill Snyder that was also former SMU HC. Been working for Todd Graham at Arizona St. has worked with the fast offenses before during time with Baylor.

Tony Gipson–West Virginia DC. he is famous for the 3-3-5 scheme. defends the pass happy Big 12 so he should be able to handle some of what the SEC offers.

Todd Graham–former HC at Rice, Tulsa, Pittsburgh and Arizona St. former HC in Texas high schools before jumping to West Virginia. Employed Chad Morris as OC before he went to Clemson

David Gibbs–DC at Texas Tech. Again, knows how to work with a spread offensive based team.

Mike Stoops–throw this out as I am curious if Lincoln Riley would want to keep Bob’s brother on staff and would Mike really want to stay.

Bob Shoop–former DC at Vanderbilt, Penn St. and recently Tennessee. Is very good at getting more out of less. Just joined Mississippi St.

Todd Orlando-- wonder if Tom Herman feels some heat to go and replace Todd with someone from Ohio ST. so that he would be free to hire

The rules favor the offense now and I think many of us are still expecting to see shut down defenses but the facts do not tend to support that anymore. See attached as food for thought, Question is what does CM think a defensive coordinator should be able to do and be successful in his eyes. His choice will give us an insight into that. It is clear that talent and speed will be factors this staff seems out.

http://hitthatline.com/is-hogs-2018-qb- … gh-school/

I have similar thoughts on what has happened to defensive stats. Your schedule (and the ability of the quarterbacks) often determines your position in the national stats. You are going to see some offenses that will make you look silly. Best thing I can say, get recruiters and the coordinator doesn’t matter as much.

Phil Bennett’s defenses at Baylor were atrocious.

How about this guy?

https://twitter.com/JessamynMcIntyr/status/940983283113803776

Grinch would be great!!

Any guy that can put together a decent defense for a Mike Leach team has some talent. So it would be okay by me if Morris becomes the Grinch who stole Grinch for Christmas.

The thing I like about Grinch is the deck of cards he’s playing with. If you look at recruiting rankings I’m fairly confident many of the teams he’s defending have better physical talent than Washington State. Pullman is a very difficult place to recruit to.