David Bazzel and the crew amidst controversy....

The times are a changin…

Radio Station Blasted For ‘Babe Bracket’ That Ranks Female Journalists On Looks https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/ra … a61b4e2a06

Who cares what the Huffington Post writes? If I were Tommy Smith and David Bazzel, two of America’s oldest living teenagers, I would continue the contest for spite. I admit the contest is stupid, but those guys have to fill the airwaves with bs for 4 hours a day. What else are they gonna do? It’s not like they are able to call Stephen Hawking and discuss his theories in “A Brief History of Time’. Let ‘em have their fun.

Yup, your talking about a publication that has not much in common w our country. Being called out by the HuffPo more like a badge of honor. :sunglasses:

They were not called out by Huffington Post. They were called out by the KARK news director, Austin Kellerman. Huffington Post just aggregated the story.

Everyone is so easily offended these days.

Who cares!

Continue the Babe Bracket and let the sensitive cry.

The Babe Bracket was creepy ten years ago, still is.

Agree. It has nothing to do with people being overly sensitive it’s just really odd and creepy. When I lived in Little Rock I would change the station when they started just because it was so awkward and contrived.

It sorta reminds me of the middle-aged men who over-eagerly like and fawn over social media posts of girls and women half their age (to whom they aren’t related). Definitely awkward.

It’s almost as awkward as Bazzel’s Root Hog chant.

I thought they did a good job of not doing that. Sure people voted on looks, but also liability and personalities. The most attractive thing to me is a smart and confident woman.

I guess it may be time to cancel the Miss America contest too!
This country has become a liberal haven!
If someone don’t like don’t listen. The news director needs to worry about his own lane.
We have a mess in this country. Crazy Craig’s days were wild but wouldn’t be tolerated now either. He was a nut on radio.

Doubt the world revolves around what Tommy Smith and David Bazzel do or have to say, moron’s the both of them.

[quote]

I guess it may be time to cancel the Miss America contest too!
This country has become a liberal haven!
If someone don’t like don’t listen. The news director needs to worry about his own lane.
We have a mess in this country. Crazy Craig’s days were wild but wouldn’t be tolerated now either. He was a nut on radio.

[/quote]

Correct me if I’m wrong, but the Miss America pagent is voluntary. The Babe Bracket is not. The women are not asked if they want to be in it. To me it has always been creepy for that reason alone. Others disagree, and that’s fine. I don’t listen to their show anyway, so I’m not the audience they are going after. I did flip through it a few days ago and they were talking about some woman being the girl next door type. I kept flipping.

My opinion has nothing to to with liberal or conservative. But feel free to continue to unnecessarily bring politics into the conversation.

Well, I see mixed reactions. I sometimes tune into their show on line. It’s an awful show. Dumb polls and contests about stale 70s and 80s R&R Tommy used to spin on Magic 105. Those guys apparently do zero prep for their show. Talking over each other. Just terrible radio. The babe bracket is more of the same. Zero creativity. And it appeals to a lot of the knuckle draggers that apparently see no issue with involuntarily objectifying women publicly. It is creepy. Something you’d see in the 70s or 80s. Don’t blame the KARK guy.

If you don’t like it and do not agree with it, change the channel. I have gotten where I cannot listen to their show even when they talk about sports because they are constantly talking over each other or not allowing questions to be answered once they are asked.

Austin Kellerman was going for attention and viewers for himself and channel 4. A lot of the local celebrities featured on the bracket have no problem with it. Dawn Scott, a former TV anchor and three-time winner came out and said she wasn’t offended.

It’s childish, but so be it.

I grew up with Tommy Smith. We went to elementary school together, then all the way through high school. We used to joke with him in study hall at Little Rock Central: what was he going to grow up to be? He said he’d just talk on the radio. Well, that’s what he’s done. I always like seeing Tommy and have heard him on the radio at times. It can be funny, but it can also be tough to follow. I do not think stuff like this bracket is going away with Tommy. If anything, the controversy is right up his alley. As they say, bad publicity is still publicity and it serves a purpose. I am not saying that’s the way I conduct my business, but I understand when others do that and revel in it.

I doubt the ladies included in the bracket are offended that they are considered attractive. The ones that get eliminated in the first round might complain a bit. :smiley:

I always thought the “babe bracket” was demeaning to the women involved–particularly the local women. It isn’t as big a deal to me when they do the “professionals” like Faith Hill v. Jennifer Aniston, but when it’s local reporters, I think it only serves to embarrass those who lose. I hate it.

You’ve got to be pretty lazy to waste airtime with something so immature and demeaning.

It seems like the people complaining about it know the most about the show and contest.

If you don’t like it, why are you listening?

Agree. That is one creepy show. That babe thing us a big turnoff. Not sure why any woman participates in that farce. Probably only show in America that starts out with national anthem. Tommy thinks that makes him look patriotic.

In fact, I have stopped listening to Buzz 103.7. FM 93.7 in Little Rock that RD appears on is the one to watch. I just wish they boost 93.7 signal, so it is always on.