D1Baseball picks

Fitt, Rooney, and Rogers break down the teams make their picks for bracket winners and eventual champion.

Fitt picked Ole Miss
Rooney picked Texas
Rogers picked Arkansas

1 Like

And their entire staff:

The other seven were picked at least to win their bracket. But not Auburn.

Cumon guys Stanford scares me! Haven’t they won I think 22 of their last 24 games? Aren’t they the highest seeded team left?

And Texas is the last team I want to play, while I think we could beat them they are the very last team I want to lose to.

I have a healthy respect for Stanford. They definitely concern me.

But

North Carolina had won 19 of their last 22 games before we played them last weekend. And they had lost only 7 games at home all year.

We can’t expect anything to be easy in Omaha. Every team left earned their way there. Let’s take them one game at a time and hope for the best.

1 Like

On paper we don’t match up with them at all they hit 37 points better than we do, 17 more home runs, have a slightly lower ERA but the game’s not played on paper if Noland can shut them down like he did North Carolina we have a shot. The first inning is huge, he sometimes starts off slow can’t do that against these guys they’ll jump on us with both feet if we not careful. They are a great offensive team in all seriousness and it’s going to be a great challenge to control them for 9 innings

Well the hogs will be the visitor so they really need to score first. Noland can keep Stanford off the scoreboard just don’t give up any walks!

1 Like

The key is throwing breaking balls for strikes. It is now the key in all of baseball. Everyone can hit a fast ball.

2 Likes

Clay your right. The pitcher that hangs a few won’t last long. Mixing up pitches and be able to get the off speed ( curve, slider and change called a strike will be important. Old Number 1 can get sent on a trip out of the park pretty quick.

I don’t care who is the last team we play, as long as they are from the other the bracket. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Stanford also had five elimination games in the regional and the super. They won them, yeah, but they’re not invincible; they had to lose to get into those elimination games. I think we can slap Alex Williams around, and running his mouth yesterday just adds a little fuel to the fire.

2 Likes

I missed it.
What did he say?

From Matt’s story:

Asked what he thought of the University of Arkansas lineup he’ll face in Saturday’s 1 p.m. College World Series contest, Williams said, “I know they’re going to be a good team, a good offense. I look forward to facing them. I think it’s going to be a good game.

“I’d take our offense over theirs any day. I think we’ve got them.

1 Like

Bulletin board stuff for sure.

Matt noted that David Esquer immediately kinda walked it back.

The toothpaste is already out of the tube.

1 Like

I saw the video of that newser last night on SEC Now and my jaw kinda dropped; did Williams really say that?

1 Like

Oh, to be young, dumb, and full of…well, you know, again lol.

1 Like

yeah especially after he has had his brains beat out the last 3 starts,you don’t do that kind of stuff when you are about to face them in a couple days,I’m sure our guys will be xtra jacked to send him a lesson and I hope we do!!

1 Like

So from the graphic above, the consensus (4 out of 9 on each side) is that we will face Texas in the Finals.

He also laughed after he said it (and probably realized that it was a mistake).

I’m sure our players have made note of it, though.