CWS final (game 2)

Commentators are comparing today’s rebneck pitcher (Elliot) to Nikhazy. My first thought was do you suppose he eats his, um, boogers?

Go ou_logo

1 Like

So, OM wins the MCWS. I JUST HAVE A SICKENING FEELING IN MY STOMACH!

1 Like

It WILL be us…soon! Go Hogs!

3 Likes

It’s not how you start, it’s how you finish. Ole Miss had a great finish. Another SEC team wins!! It’ll be us next year!!

It stinks that bunch of red necks won it all.

1 Like

Good for Ole Miss. I’ll always root for the SEC, especially the team that knocked us out vs OU. :sunglasses:

I’m not going to pretend I’m happy Ole Miss won. I’m not. That’s especially true since we haven’t won one. It chaps me they got a natty before we have. Their program hasn’t been as good as ours. In the DVH-Bianco era, which is roughly the same number of years, we’ve been to 7 CWS and they’ve been to two.

Regardless, I will take whatever good I can out of it. It proves how strong the SECW is. 4 of the 8 in the tournament. 4 of the last 6. 3 of the last 4. The winner in a 2 game sweep. That’s strong.

The SEC is a real meat grinder.

Florida, Vanderbilt, Ole Miss and Mississippi State have won national championships in the last five years. Arkansas and Texas A&M were national semifinalists this year. Auburn was in the CWS. Tennessee was the No. 1 overall seed and had one of the best regular seasons in college baseball history.

At least one of those teams will finish in the bottom half of the conference next year, and that list doesn’t even take into account the other programs where baseball is important like LSU, South Carolina and Georgia. And, oh by the way, Texas and Oklahoma will be here soon.

I do not envy coaches trying to maintain a winner year after year, and I’m impressed with the coaches who do.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.