Cubs Win! Cubs Win! Cubs Win!

A little homage to Harry Carey on that thread title. What a tremendously entertaining World Series. It is certainly one of the best in my lifetime of 68 years. 2 underdog teams battling for 7 games into extra innings. Unreal.

I have become a Cubs fan since my Yankees have just fizzled out. What a great young team with so many very young studs in their early 20’s…Bryant, Schwarber, Russell, Baez, Contreras. Rizzo is only 27. What a lineup and they have several young studs in the minors with no place to go. If they don’t screw this up, the Cubs could be a very good team for many years. This was a great thing for baseball fans and the sport.

Congratulations to Terry Francona and the Indians. Those guys are very good and when their pitchers get healthy they could be right there again next year. What a job he did managing that team.

I’m obviously younger. I started watching baseball pretty regularly in 1998 - the home run chase reeled me in. I don’t really have a team, so I just want to see good baseball.

Last night’s game was probably one of my five favorites. I’d say the others were Game 7 in the 2001 World Series; Game 7 in the 2003 ALCS; Game 4 in the 2004 ALCS; and Game 6 in the 2011 World Series.

I’ve been a baseball fan my whole life. Grew up listening to the Royals on the radio with my dad. 1985 was a sweet, sweet year for me.

I live in Phoenix for the 2001 series. With the Royals being basically dead in the water for so long, I adopted the Diamondbacks. It was insane.

I’ve always had a soft spot for the Braves (TBS) and Cubs (WGN). I got to watch them when I was at my grandparents on a little 12 inch black and white TV.

I wish I had stayed up for last nights game, but 5am comes way to early.

Same here. Those were probably my two favorite teams to watch for so long because I could see them so many times. Once we got Fox Sports Southwest, I began to develop more of a liking for the Rangers and really enjoyed the runs to the World Series in 2010 and 2011. The proximity to Kansas City and the Double-A team being located a few miles from my house made me like the Royals. I guess I’m impressionable.

[youtube]nApTGkLd2hs[/youtube]

Loved this that Budweiser put together.

How convenient.

I have become a Tide fan since my Hogs have just fizzled out…

In a way, it is ironic that Budweiser did that, since it was Gussie Busch that fired Harry from the Cards. :slight_smile:

Which seems to have had something to do with August Busch III’s wife…

That’s would be it.

Then again, the Busches sold out to that Belgian company so they’re out of the picture.