Crean on the way out at Georgia

He’s been dead coach walking for a while. They already have a target list of replacements.

Georgia really got stuck with the buyout amounts. Firing him last year, when they should have let him go, would have cost over $7M. After this year’s debacle, they still owe him $3.2M. That’s some heavy dough for a guy who got fired at his last gig.

Georgia’s far from a poor program, but that’s a lot of money lost on what was supposed to be a splash hire.

Everyone else seems to recruit Georgia pretty well.

1 Like

We all knew this was coming, but I thought they’d wait until his last game in the SECT was finished before they announced it. Is Cuonzo next?

1 Like

Howland at MSU and Kermit Davis at Ole Miss have warm seats as well. I’m not sure Howland has a viable excuse this far along in his stint at Starkville. Davis has some excuses for this year, but may have trouble explaining how things are about to get a lot better.

Frank Martin appears to have re-gained his footing at South Carolina, as his guys finished up strong.

Looking forward, all of those guys that don’t get fired need to have a good year next year. Mike White and Buzz Williams also may be under a bit of pressure to get back to the dance next season.

1 Like

Who switched Crean’s pic for Tom Arnold? :sunglasses:

Howland has been so good at cheating but just can’t get the wins out of his paid guns.

4 Likes

Yep, lots of talent brought in, but less to show for it than the prior Head Procurer. There’s a lot of reasons to think that State is at best treading water in the middle of the pack as long as he stays.

1 Like

You can’t recruit when your arena is almost 60 years old. No matter who the next coach is they need to build a new arena. Recruits comparing Georgia, to TN, KY, FL, AR where do you think they will be going? They have to put there money where where there mouth is !

I’d be shocked if they got anyone on their list unless it includes John Pelphrey.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.