Considering the recruits Pittman’s got coming in

Pay the man. I haven’t felt this good about the Hogs in forever.

12 Likes

My guess is HY and Sexton are hashing things out and the resolution will be satisfactory for all involved.

3 Likes

He’s doing awesome. But what’s crazy is we are ranked 9/14 in the sec. We are never going to beat Bama or Georgia or TAM but I’d like us to crack the top 5

1 Like

With the 4 grad transfers coming in with this class if they were rated we would be a lot higher than 9th in the conference

1 Like

Have you seen everyone else’s transfer list? I’m not sure who we would pass. Also, Many of those ahead of us haven’t even signed close to their allotment.

Maybe a better question to ask is who do you think we would pass?

Thankfully we don’t have to have the 5th best recruiting class in the SEC to finish as the 5th best team in the conference. We just proved that.

2 Likes

But we may need the 5th to be the best.

Yep huntinghog.

We can only control us. We can’t control what others do.

You said it yourself, we’re never going to beat Bama, UGA, and A&M (in recruiting). Not likely to consistently beat LSU or Florida either. Having a top 5 SEC class is one thing…… consistently doing it (which is required to move to the elite level) is another.

Chad Morriss elevated recruiting from his predecessor. Coach Pittman is doing the same. Continue elevating your recruiting efforts and continue to keep an elite coaching staff. That’s all we can do. Continue doing it and we will probably climb higher than 5th overall in the conference in a given season.

1 Like

We just beat Texas A&m this year… Should have beat them about three or four other times, you eventually have to coach them

3 Likes

Correct Youda. The number 1 class won’t win many games unless coaching and discipline are there.
Which I’m very satisfied where we are with coaching currently.

2 Likes

Fine. Whatever. Bottom line, we a ways to go. I appreciate what we’ve done and the direction we are going but we have a long way to go. That’s all I was trying to say.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.