Colgate

Run and gun team which should be fun

People have been trashing Colgate for that NET rating all year. Now we find out. This will be their first nonconference game of the year

1 Like

Well we can’t miss layups in this game

Do they have scholarship players or are they walkons, in that league ?

They’re all scholarships. Can’t take anyone for granted.

Thanks

For a long time the Patriot League didn’t allow scholarships but that changed for basketball in 1998.

Well I have been complaining about Colgate and their lofty Net rating! Now they will finally play a Q-1 opponent.
Play ball!

1 Like

Need Tate to get his Mojo back,J will back is huge asset for us

Colgate is a great small academic school (< 3000) students in upstate NY. Patriot lead does have scholys for sports.

Know nothing about them but I bet they shoot the ball well and will be dangerous if we continue to trap the ball a lot

The short guy on the CBS selection show just picked Colgate to upset us.

The hogs need to take care of the ball and stop the stupid fouls. Tate has been in foul trouble the last few games before he works up a sweat!

I thought at one time those schools didn’t , I didn’t realize they changed

I have also been bad mouthing Colgate top 10 Ncaa NET ranking. All their games were Holy Cross, Boston U, Army over and over. I am certain they haven’t played a team as athletic as Hogs. If they score 80 on us, we will have over 100.

I prefer a close game and pull away last ten minutes. I dont want to use lights out game v Colgate. Survive and advance! Lights out v TTech, Ohio St and Baylor if chalk which aint likely. Sweet 16 or bust. Sorry Colgate, sorry Chris Beard. Its our turn after 25 year drought. Go Hogs!

1 Like

Big team has 6’11 2- 6’10s 6’9 6’8 so pretty good size

Small guards though. Top 3 scorers are 6’0, 6’0, 6’3…need to choke them out with our size and length at the guard spot.

1 Like

Looked up their season last with year with non-conference games.

Lost at Clemson by 13
Lost at Syracuse by 16
Lost at Auburn by 29
Won at Cincinnati by 1

Starting lineup Heights
6’0 Guard
6’0 Guard
6’6 Guard
6’10 Forward (245 lbs)
6’5 Guard

Here’s their 14 wins.

5 wins against Boston U