Coach or SAINT?

My day off and of course it’s raining. A lot of people wanting a new Head Coach. Not completely against the idea, but what is your ideal coach. Of course the obvious traits. Great recruiter. Great X’s and O’s guy. Great motivator. Great developer of talent and of course great leader. And for some, the greatest quality of that being a Saint. Just who out there has all these admiral traits? Answer, NOBODY. And even if this coach existed, he would fully and securely employed by another institution. So we need to determine do we want a good or even great FOOTBALL COACH or a SAINT? There are Coaches out there available. And all have baggage. whether it be Petrino, Briles, Leach, Norvell, or any other Coach employed or not. Every one has good traits and bad. The question being do the good traits outnumber the bad? Let’s take Art Briles case for a moment. Yes, the circumstances of his dismissal were terrible. He should have known the character of the players he recruited. But Briles has been cleared of any wrong doing. And is a coaches job being to read the minds of his players and keep an eye on them 24/7? Let’s look at Petrino for a moment. He’s guilty of having a wandering eye. And yes, hiring the woman didn’t help. Are you telling me that no other coaches out there, and still employed, hasn’t done the same? Some will say setting a good moral example is more important than winning games. Not arguing about that. But who out there embodies all the aforementioned traits? Do people not believe in second chances? Let me finish by offering this. Judge not lest ye be judged. He who is without sin, cast the first stone.

I would 100% decline on Briles. I would 100% love to have the other 3, especially Leach.

I’m going to take a nap now and I feel confident when I wake up everything will be fine.