Coach CBB will be back next season.

Getting to a bowl game isn’t much of a feat anymore…they have so many games now they have trouble filling them. Our won-loss record is more of an indicator where a program is heading(below mediocre, imo). I would like to think CBB will bring us back to our glory days, but unfortunately, his schemes(which worked in the Big Ten) don’t seem to be working here. And he has had 5 years to install every facet; here in the 5th year, we still have trouble against the SEC power teams. I just don’t believe he is innovative enough to get us to the next level. To do this will probably require some drastic changes on his part.

Since I’m one of the people calling out certain fans, let me be clear on a few things:

1. I never singled out any one fan, more the comments or ideology of some of our fans.

2. It is perfectly fine to question the coach or direction of the program. I do that myself. What I call stupid, is the constant bashing of the coach, players, and AD. Starting a conversation about coaching replacements 2 games into the season, demanding a new AD, and saying our players suck(all have happened in the last 2 weeks) doesn’t accomplish anything except discourage our fans and players(they’ve admitted as much).

3. My comments on the inner workings of the athletic department are addressed to those fans that make statements of “absolute fact” about what’s going on with Bielema and Long, when they don’t have even the slightest clue about what they are talking about. So in that context, YES, those fans absolutely need to be informed before spouting their irrational comments and some other ill informed fans run with what they are saying as fact.

Ultimately, you are right that a coach will be judged by any fan more by his W/L record than anything else. But if you want to compound the issue of W/L, then you ABSOLUTELY need to understand what’s going on to make a clear assessment. I’m probably more lenient with Bielema than the majority of fans because I’m a numbers guy and I knew after what happened with Petrino/Smith wouldn’t be a quick fix. Anyone who knows me on these boards, knows I said from the beginning that this would probably be a 5-7 year fix and so far I’m right. I also understand that this would probably be difficult for Bielema as most fans can’t stand to wait that long, as you pointed out. People want results now, not caring if what Bielema is producing will result in longer term success down the road. Is Bielema going to “get it done” here at Arkansas? I don’t know. But I will say, he will leave this program in much better shape if there is a coaching change and that is something we should all be thankful for.

If you think Petrino’s sex affair was the only issue, then you weren’t paying attention.

Weird…Bielemas scheme seemed to work just fine against Arkansas in 2007.40 teams make bowls each year out of a 120 team pool but yeah sure everyone goes to a bowl. That is of course why Arkansas has been to 16 bowls since joining the SEC in 1992…that of course is 24yrs but yeah sure getting to a bowl is what we have done year in and year out. Yeah…ok.

I did some work at the stadium a few month back and the employees there who dealt with Petrino hated Petrino and still hate Petrino. There were many other issues and they all stemmed from Petrino being a complete POS.

Please share said numbers. I would like to see what data you are basing your conclusions on.

My reference to being a numbers guy has to do with my profession and looking at absolutes for the answer. There’s no mathematical equation to say 5-7 years, but more everything leading up to my point of view. Until the end of last season, it looked more like we were ahead in most areas.

Such as?

Such as what?

What numbers or statistics are you looking at over the last 5 years that give you the conclusion that CBB will need at least 7 year, And that his body of work at Arkansas to date is acceptable?

That’s not what I said, I said it would take 5-7 years to get undo the mess of Petrino/Smith. And I also said, there wasn’t a mathematical equation to say 5-7 years, only what happened before his hiring. Nor did I say it was acceptable, only that I’m more lenient than most.

We aren’t talking about Wisconsin, now are we? How’s that scheme working out against the power teams of the SEC, and how’s CBB’s record bearing out that successful scheme of his?

I am not even going to respond to the rest of your post about bowls…since you took my statement way out of context. We just can’t get the recruits here to try to play that kind of style. Defenses in the SEC are just too good to not have some trickery involved in the play calling.

Bottom line for me: I need to see at least 9 wins every 2 or 3 years. Is that too much to ask for? 5, going on 6 years is just too long.

Weird…the scheme you denigrate has beaten LSU and Florida and Ole Miss and Mississippi State and…well every team except Bama and Georgia? But not many have beaten Bama. We do agree on one thing I too expect 9 wins every few years along with bowl eligibility every year. Bielema needs to recruit better and it seems last year might have been a turning point and this years small class is shaping up great.

Woo Pig!

Here’s something that I found that explains some of the difficulties facing Bielema at Arkansas:

-2.88, .08, 1.13, .35, .64, .68, 2.91 Average: .41

5.18, 7.76, 6.02, 4.35, 18.48 Average: 8.36

The first line is CBB’s strength of schedule at Wisconsin. The second line is at Arkansas.

That scheme lost to Toledo, TCU, and Texas Tech. LSU is not the power it once was, going on about 4 years now.

Toledo was an extremely good football team 10-2 I think, TCU was ranked when we played them has been a top 10 team in recent years. Texas Tech was a head scratcher but LSU? Hehehehe…yeah they haven’t been in NC contention but are still a power school in the SEC and were ranked then and are ranked now.