CMA's recruiting class is AMAZING. Are we on our way back?

Balancing the classes is a legit concern. I think it is too early to tell how big of an issue that will be, though.

We don’t know how good the current freshmen will be when this year’s group of JUCOs leave and the current freshmen are juniors.

Michael Qualls didn’t look like an All-SEC caliber player as a freshman. He did as a junior.

Comparisons between he and Adrio Bailey are already being made. And, you never know if someone like Hazen or Jones will be a lot better than the recruiting services suggest (ala Hannahs). During the golden era, we had lots of players like that.

The good news is that the classes coming in when the current group (mostly) leaves are (on paper) going to be some of the best we have had back-to-back (to back) in a long time.

i agree that the loss of Bell is being downplayed, but the only thing better than having 1 good three point shooter is having 2. my hope is Macon can fill that role, or maybe it’ll be more of a committee thing. if Hannahs shoots as good or better than last year and we have 3-4 guys who can shoot 35% or so from three we should be dangerous. im hoping Hazen can give us a big who can shoot, though also been hearing Thomas can knock it down at decent clip. i have question, is Macon akin to Clint Mcdaniel? was trying to think of comparables and he is all i could think of?

the 2017 class is looking to be a very good one, especiall if we could find a lead guard to add to mix.  the 3 we've already signed may not be perfect but they all fit the system plus some.  i know this is biased but i think it helps that all 3 are from Arkansas and wanted to be hogs.  in the past, basketball or football, we've always been at our best when we had transcendent players from the state.  whether it be Sidney or Corliss in basketball or Mcfadden in football.    i just know when we have those 1 or 2 players from the state it seems to work out better, whether it b pride or whatever.

"An optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty, a pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity"  Churchill

[quote=“TheNotoriousPIG”]

Balancing the classes is a legit concern. I think it is too early to tell how big of an issue that will be, though.

We don’t know how good the current freshmen will be when this year’s group of JUCOs leave and the current freshmen are juniors.

Michael Qualls didn’t look like an All-SEC caliber player as a freshman. He did as a junior.

Comparisons between he and Adrio Bailey are already being made. And, you never know if someone like Hazen or Jones will be a lot better than the recruiting services suggest (ala Hannahs). During the golden era, we had lots of players like that.

The good news is that the classes coming in when the current group (mostly) leaves are (on paper) going to be some of the best we have had back-to-back (to back) in a long time.
[/quote]

AMEN Brutha and these back to back classes are what have me excited.