Clay's latest column on Arkansas basketball

Clay writes on the oddity of Arkansas basketball picking up a gutsy win No. 22 on 2/22/22, plus thoughts from Jim Counce, Corey Beck and Brad Dunn on these Razorbacks:

4 Likes

Fun to write about this team.

4 Likes

I enjoy your articles Clay!

2 Likes

Great article as usual. I believe we also made 22 two pointers……

Also in the 2nd half we had 22 rebounds and 2 turnovers….:flushed:

2 Likes

Correct. Somebody pointed that out Tuesday night, possibly HogStats.

1 Like

That is good stuff Georgia Hawg and Jeff.

Clay, that was indeed a great article! When Coach Dunn mentioned Jabari Smith and that he shot his jumper better going to the left it reminded me that when I played we didn’t have all the tape of the games like they do today, but I used to watch the player (that I was going to guard) in warmups and I could tell a lot about him before the game ever started. Like, if he was a catch and shoot player, whether he needed to dribble right or left to shoot his jumper, whether he preferred to drive rather than shoot, and if he did could he go both ways. If you watch todays players most of the right handers want to penetrate right and you can force them to go left all the time. Even if they can go left for a dribble or two most of them will then return to the right to get to the basket. And if they do go left most of them are looking to pass off because they are not effective scorers going left (and vice versa for the lefties) Didn’t mean to bore all of you, but Coach Dunn is right about all the detail that Coach Muss and his staff put into their scouting reports and preparation in all areas. Go HOGS!

1 Like

Scouting is at the root of what Muss does. Self scout as well.

But the essence of coaching is playing hard.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.