Clay: what is going on with Coach Bielema?

What are his plans? Where is he headed? How has he taken the termination on a personal level? Will he have to sit things out for awhile until new jobs come open next December?

WPS

I’m interested to know this as well. Thanks for posting this.

If you talk with him, tell him he has a whole community of friends on your board.

Please do! We wish him well.

He seems more “relieved” these days:

<LINK_TEXT text=“https://mobile.twitter.com/FootballScoo … 2428933121”>https://mobile.twitter.com/FootballScoop/status/948016632428933121</LINK_TEXT>

He was on the panel of coaches providing real time commentary during the Oklahoma-Georgia game on ESPN on Monday. I had never seen that venue and it was quite interesting. There were six coaches, five still head coaches. It was like sitting in the living room with the TV on the side, but with their technology to show quick reruns to explain what happened. Coach Bielema looked like he was enjoying himself.

I’ve seen coach BB in that type of setting a couple of times before. IIRC, one was for a SEC Championship game 2 or 3 years ago, and another time was for a National Championship game between Alabama (I think) and some other (non-SEC) team. The relaxed sense of humor that serves him so well during Media Days obviously translates to the “Watch Room” format.

He has plenty of cash! He can stick to TV a while. He will land another HC job next year. A good man that just didn’t get it done for the Hogs! He can enjoy his baby girl. That’s his most important job now anyway being a father!

[quote=“bikehog23”]

He was on the panel of coaches providing real time commentary during the Oklahoma-Georgia game on ESPN on Monday. I had never seen that venue and it was quite interesting. There were six coaches, five still head coaches. It was like sitting in the living room with the TV on the side, but with their technology to show quick reruns to explain what happened. Coach Bielema looked like he was enjoying himself.

[/quote]I have been watching this broadcast for several years. I love it. For one thing, the video is of the full field and it is so much more instructive than the regular TV video. You don’t get the crowd noise, so you miss that excitement. But that’s OK.

When he was fired he said he wanted to get back into coaching again. I had been told beforehand that he might not get back into coaching and go the broadcast route. We’ll see. I would be surprised if he is coaching anywhere next season.

I think there’s a good chance he sits out a year and is back in coaching next.

Wished it had turned out better here than it did , but not everyone fits everywhere. Good man and wish him the best in whatever direction he chooses to go! WPS

I wish him well. Hope he lands a high paying job soon…to mitigate the buyout we’re obligated to pay otherwise.

Sooner or later he will get back on the side line somewhere to redeem himself. Like anyone would, that fire to win & if course the male pride instinct.
Probably enjoy a year or so with wife & baby & a break from all the stress & pressure.
Look for him back at it within 2 years & wish him all the best with whatever , wherever.

WPS!

I have talked with him and will keep most of that to myself as it was a personal conversation and not a professional one.

What I will say is he is anxious to get back in the game, but wants to do it at the right spot.

Also - obviously - wants to spend time with the wife and baby

I hope Coach B ends up in a great place and I wish it had worked out here for him as he was one of the classiest guys we have had here.

Really liked him and wish him nothing but good fortune!