Clay/Matt. Could you tell us

Who is graduating, those who will likely to be drafted and who the newcomers will be for next season. What is the status of the pitchers who were lost before season even began? We made great strides this year from last and though all of us are disappointed that we lost we couldn’t be more proud of this team!

Graduating: Taccolini, Alberius, Chadwick and Arledge

Gone to the draft: Spanberger, Bonfield, Stephan and Knight; possibly Shaddy

The rest of the key players should be back. A couple of players who I expect to see a bigger role next year are Jordan McFarland and Jaxon Williams. Hunter Wilson might play a factor at third base.

Isaiah Campbell and Keaton McKinney will be back next season on the mound, and probably will be two of the weekend starters. McKinney is draft-eligible, but he told me a few weeks back that he doesn’t expect to get drafted in a position that entices him to leave. He still has a year of leverage because of the redshirt. Campbell is a sophomore.

The signees to watch in the draft are RHP Bryce Bonnin, RHP Zebulon Vermillion, OF Cole Turney and LHP Daniel Tillo. Turney and Bonnin are among the top high school prospects this year and Vermillion made a big jump on the mound. Tillo, who pitched as a freshman at Kentucky, is considered the top JUCO pitcher in the country this year and might get drafted high. If he doesn’t go pro he could come in and have a similar one-year impact to Trevor Stephan.

There is also a surprise in the draft every year. Who knows who that will be?

Tony Vitello told me last year that they like this signing class because they think there are a lot of players who don’t project well to pro scouts as 18 year olds, but they expect to project at 20 and 21. Late bloomers, so to speak.