3 Likes

Great read too

1 Like

Do you ever retire from hating Texas?

2 Likes

No.

3 Likes

This. Times 1000.

Our friend Uncle Malvie has a saying for times like this. Not suitable for a family board, but highly appropriate. And it doesn’t matter. Football, basketball, baseball, softball or tiddly winks.

3 Likes

Retired from publishing magazines. Not retired from having fun. I did not see this coming. It’s ironic that when I told Brent Powers that I was resigning three months ago, he said, “You will get a call from Bo Mattingly to do podcasts. You will do something with Hog+.”

Bo brought his son fishing last week and that came up. Sounded like fun. It is a part time job. I will not go to games but I will go to Fayetteville now and then. But most can be done from home. I’ll prob have one trip to Fayetteville a month.

It fits under the sort of rules Jean Ann and I settled on.

I’ve been approached to do several things. This is the first that fit in what makes sense and won’t wear me out or keep me from doing stuff like an elk hunt, etc.

7 Likes

Thank the lord you are still writing stories about the Razorbacks. It’s been a lot of years enjoying those stories (late 90’s for me) and happy to know your still involved in them on a temp basis.

3 Likes

I signed up for Hogs+ this morning. Excellent Clay. Great news.

3 Likes

I for one am glad Clay - I’m joining Hogs+

2 Likes

you guys won’t be disappointed in Hogs+. It’s the best 8 or 9 bucks a month I spend, outside of these forums.

3 Likes

It’s a good one. I highly recommend the interview with KB Sides recently posted.

And remember:

Avoid the rush. Hate Texas early.

4 Likes

Joined Hogs + today.

3 Likes

I have been meaning to join Hogs + and this will be the tipping point to get me to make that happen. The next few years of Razorback sports will be off the charts good…

2 Likes

unhookem unhookem

4 Likes

I was NOT looking for things to do. Writing books was my plan. But Hogs + sounds like fun and I’m going to do just a little each week. I was presented a big lineup of options. I picked only a very few. I will not go to any games for work. I can prob get a press pass but I plan to sit with Jean Ann.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.