Chris Harris 2019 Guard

https://twitter.com/coreyevans_10/status/1108421676277084161

I got a feeling for some reason Texas Tech maybe one of the newer up and coming pay for play campaigns I don’t like to see their name next to guys we are recruiting

Texas Tech picked up one last year we were after as well as Texas! Nothing will suprise me when it comes to recruiting.
Coaches just have to keep baiting Hooks and they will land a few good ones.

You are the second person who mentioned that. The other one is a UALR person. I am a big supporter of Chris Beard while at UALR and even now. Can you elaborate why you feel that way?

I guess for me it’s just the shear size of all the recruiting classes he’s been signing since he’s been there 2017- 7 commits, 2018-5 commits, 2019- 5 commits (and still looking to add)… Chris Beard class look more like football recruiting numbers than basketball and he doesn’t have a gang of kids getting drafted like Kentucky or Duke… I know roster turnover is prevalent in college basketball but it looks like to me Texas Tech is trying to sign free agents and release guys to free agency…when you’re trying to orchestrate a college roster like a NBA roster and pick up and drop players at your whim year after year until you have a roster full of all stars the money trail is not far behind.

At Texas Tech a player like Gabe would not have made it to year two it seems if you are a four star and interested in Texas Tech their roster is never closed or full…I believe their message to guys is “we will leave the light on for you”…

During the AAU spring and summer circuit, coaches are eager to share who they think are cheating - if they trust you.

Chris Beard doing anything wrong has never been brought up.

Thanks Dudley

I think the reason Chris is doing so well is he is just a really good coach. He was trained very well. Very intense. He did good at UALR and that isn’t easy. Mike can coach too with the right amount of talent.

I will say this, I saw a game, it may have been in the B12 tournament or their last game. TT had a big lead and was running the clock out. One of their guys noticed the other team walking off the court and decided to showboat and slammed the ball as time ran out. They showed the coaches handshake and Beard wasn’t shaking hands he was screaming at his player and made him apologize to the other coach for that. Then shook the other coaches hand and apologized for his players actions. I actually respected him for that.

As for why he’s getting good recruits, I think it’s because he’s winning. I think that helps, if CMA comes back next year and we get in the Top 25 and make a run in the tourney, I think you’ll se a very highly rated class come in for 2020.

Chris has signed 5 four stars in the last two classes and no 5 stars. So, notvreally anything better than what Mike has done here if you consider players like Macon and Barford as 4 stars. And 4 of those 5 stars are from Texas if I remember that right.

what is different for Texas Tech now with Chris is that Tech wasn’t getting those instate 4 stars. They used to be gobbled up by Texas and A&M. Chris has really hurt Aggie recruiting since he arrived. Cost Kennedy his job.

Injuries and enforcing standards cost Kennedy his job at A&M. The transfer bug hit there too! Kennedy is a good man and a good coach. They should have keep him leading their basketball team!

[quote=“ArmyHog”]

Injuries and enforcing standards cost Kennedy his job at A&M. The transfer bug hit there too! Kennedy is a good man and a good coach. They should have keep him leading their basketball team!

[/quote]I also think the Aggies pulled the trigger pretty quickly on Kennedy, wonder if it was related to his health? It seems to me the Aggies are like Auburn (classic little brother) and will spend whatever and do whatever to be something. Not against a commitment to winning, but I wonder if both are trying to take shortcuts.