Chris Gragg makes plea for Lane Kiffin

<LINK_TEXT text=“https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/arkan … ne-kiffin/”>https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/arkansas-football/former-arkansas-te-chris-gragg-makes-plea-lane-kiffin/</LINK_TEXT>

And Clint Stoerner lobbies for Morris

And Clint Stoerner lobbies for Morris

The only thing I know for certain is TVGhog is obsessed with the thought of us hiring Lane Kiffin. You’re like the Springdale Gus cult except your crush is on someone else. At least Gus had less baggage.

Kiffin was fired at Oakland, USC, & Alabama. He bailed on Tenn after one year. There are rumors about his personal misbehavior at all those places. His mouth & twitter posts regularly spew juvenile & embarrassing things.

We have better choices. Besides, I hope we learned something from having hired Bobby Petrino.

Kiffin is the best option. Such a putz

First, Kiffin wasn’t fired at Alabama. He took the FAU job on December 12. He stayed and coached the playoff win vs Washington. Saban thought Kiffin was distracted with his FAU HC job, and thought it was best that he move on before the NCG. Bama lost the NCG.

I was all for firing Petrino. It was the right thing to do.

I would have been fine with another Bielema year. I think he would have turned things around, but I realized he’d lost the fans. He had to be fired.

I believe a Morris or Norvell hire is like a Butch Jones, McElwain, Sumlin hire. Chance for success is slim. No telling if Morris or Norvell can attract the type of recruits we need to compete for a championship. Can either win in the SEC? Will we give them time? I doubt it.

I believe Kiffin has more experience at 42 than any other coach in the country. He was the head coach at Oakland at 31, then Tenn, USC, then Bama OC for three years. He’s grown up a lot. He learned a lot under Saban. He put together a great staff at FAU. His FAU team was strong on both offense and defense. He’ll attract top-tier recruits.

You can say I’m obsessed. Honestly, I just don’t like our other options. I really don’t want to have to go through 3-5 years to find out if “fill-in-the-blank” can win at Arkansas.

Has Kiffin been successful as a head coach? I sure don’t see it.

It’s well known & was discussed at the time that Kiffin was fired, or about to be, at Alabama. It worked out well for him that the FAU job opened up. (If he didn’t have baggage, he’d have had many better options than FAU. Top coordinators at major P5 schools don’t take HC jobs at places like FAU. They’re more likely to end up as the HC at places like UGA.

First, Kiffin wasn’t fired at Alabama. He took the FAU job on December 12. He stayed and coached the playoff win vs Washington. Saban thought Kiffin was distracted with his FAU HC job, and thought it was best that he move on before the NCG. Bama lost the NCG.

I was all for firing Petrino. It was the right thing to do.

I would have been fine with another Bielema year. I think he would have turned things around, but I realized he’d lost the fans. He had to be fired.

I believe a Morris or Norvell hire is like a Butch Jones, McElwain, Sumlin hire. Chance for success is slim. No telling if Morris or Norvell can attract the type of recruits we need to compete for a championship. Can either win in the SEC? Will we give them time? I doubt it.

I believe Kiffin has more experience at 42 than any other coach in the country. He was the head coach at Oakland at 31, then Tenn, USC, then Bama OC for three years. He’s grown up a lot. He learned a lot under Saban. His FAU team was strong on both offense and defense. He’ll attract top-tier recruits.

You can say I’m obsessed. Honestly, I just don’t like our other options. I really don’t want to have to go through 3-5 years to find out if “fill-in-the-blank” can win at Arkansas.[/quote

Got to agree Al Davis thought highly of him to appoint him HC at 31 years of age. Al was crazy as I’m sure most would agree but he knew coaching and talent for sure. Also I believe Al got rid of him for not doing and coaching as Al wanted even though Al was getting senile about that time