Cheasting in the SEC.

Just reading a post by Blu. I also hear from other posters and on talk radio that cheating in recruiting for SEC basketball is well known. It seems the teams cheating is also well known. Hopefully, the culprits will be exposed and punished. Not holding my breath with Kentucky. The NCAA always protects the blue blood programs. See North Carolina for just one of many examples over the years. I like winning just as much as anybody else. But not winning at all costs. Hard to compete with teams handing out walking around money, grades, and other perks like candy. I’m proud that Coach Anderson is recruiting the right way. He is a true man of honor. Unlike other coaches in the SEC.

Whoops. Meant Cheating.

It’s funny ESPN says there is no room for cheaters but constantly pump up coaches (such as Calipari) who have been at schools who were caught cheating while they were there.

Heck, I saw one of the ESPN analysts respond to a “Duke cheating” statement that Coach K and Duke “legally” paid for a recruits services.

What’ll happen if anything is they’ll pick a lesser program to make an example out of. Louisville got busted and their a big program, but the evidence against them was so overwhelming the NCAA had to do something. If any school will get busted, it’ll be LSU or MSU. Their not big enough in basketball to stir up to much trouble for SEC basketball, unlike a Kentucky or Florida, but their well enough known to put some fear in other schools.

Why are guys like Sean Miller and Will Wade not at least suspended by the NCAA right now? And I guess we’re supposed to believe that Chuck Person was just a rogue assistant at Aubrun. Pearl had no idea what he was doing? Yeah right.

Sure seems that way General, but I certainly believe that your reap what you sow and the more you sow the more you reap and harvest time is around the corner for these programs. WPS

The Board at Louisville took the action against Slick Rick and fired him! It sure wasn’t the NCAA they haven’t done anything to them yet. What they did do over stripper gate was a joke.
Auburn has a player who sat out last year and 10 games this year for his family receiving cash. In my opinion that player should never play. $1 dollar or $10,000 make no difference.
LSU and Will Wade can say what they want too. Waters didn’t just happen to choose LSU neither did Reed. There are stories out there that show Wade speaking with the couriers about doing what ever got to be done to get the players.
Moo U and “Honest” Ben Howland will get caught. He been caught before. The show causes that these dirt bag coaches get from the NCAA are a joke. Well the big joke comes in the from of an AD giving these slim balls another job.
Greaseball Cal. U Mass and Memphis.
Both programs on probation after he left.
Bruce Pearl lied to the NCAA and Tenn
Ben Holland another liar from his dirt at UCLA. Alabama has a front office worker fired for wrong doing in compliance office.

The NCAA will slap Missouri or better yet BYU but not N Carolina or Kansas or Kentucky. It wasn’t the NCAA that took action on Slick Rick. That my friends was the BOT at Louisville.

Louisville’s probation was because of Strippergate, not Brian Bowen. It may not seem like a big deal, but having to give a national championship trophy back is a big deal. I think we’d have gone completely ballistic if they’d made us give '94 back.

I read here all the time about how UK, Auburn and MSU are cheating. It has been stated outright that MSU paid for the services of the commit we lost to them.

My simple question is this: If it is SO clear, why is nothing done? Leave UK out of it for right now. Neither Auburn nor MSU are “blue bloods” that the NCAA would be scared to go after.

It reminds me, maybe?, of a case when I was in law school. EVERYONE “knew” that a girl in our class was getting credit twice for a paper (no need to get into the details, just assume that if what everyone “knew” was true, she would be in trouble). Finally someone (don’t know who) reported her to the Honor Council, who did an investigation. Guess what? What everyone “knew” wasn’t in fact true.

I am not saying Auburn and MSU aren’t cheating. But it seems to me that either (1) they aren’t or (2) the cheating is kind of like going 75 in a 70 zone, yes, it is against the rules but no one gets pulled over for it.

Maybe neither. But if not, can someone explain why there isn’t even (to my knowledge) an investigation going on?

I don’t know if anyone here can “prove” that cheating occurred. But, one of AUB’s assistants was involved in this pay for play adidas scandal that the FBI investigated and one of AUB’s players was suspended over it. So, AUB is cheating, or at least one player and one asst coach was. However, you have to think that Pearl has also been involved in shady dealings before, so to think that only the asst coach and player knew about it is kind of naive in my opinion, even though there is no proof (so far) that anyone else (besides the one player and one asst) did.

When it comes to MSU, you have Cecil and $cam (it was MSU not AUB discussing the money). So, they’ve been “guilty” before. When it comes to Perry, there was a lot of things that occurred in a very short period involving people who have long been suspected of (to quote you) “going 75 in a 70.” (Maybe 100 in a 70 would be a better analogy). But I don’t think anyone has definitive proof. That’s one reason why I think they get away with it. The other reason is SMU and the Blue Bloods. You can’t really kill a program anymore, the NCAA gets to much money to ever do that again, no matter how rampant the “pony express” is. Now, if little ole AUB is caught cheating and lil Ole Bama is caught doing the same thing, you (NCAA) can’t crush AUB and ignore Bama. All heck would break loose. So they basically “slap hands” (or give a ticket for “75 in a 70”) that way it looks like they are against it, all while not killing their cash cow.

Sorry for rambling, hope you understand what I’m trying to say

It pretty much confirms Auburn cheated when a player sits a complete year plus 10 games the best year and the NCAA allows him to play after getting paid. It’s a double standard. The player involved should never be allowed to play. Brian Bowen is over seas playing he got paid and wasn’t allowed to play! The bottom line the rules are used by the NCAA when it fits for them not by the letter of the rules.
A player from BYU that played for them cost them 47 vacated wins. Austin Wiley played his first year before sitting out where Auburn’s vacated wins.
A coach is responsible for everything that happens on his watch. The “rouge” assistant is his right hand man. By the way that’s also a NCAA rule. Nothing has been put out by the NCAA in regards to wrongdoing by Auburn. That’s a joke as well.
Missouri just got hit by the NCAA for the same thing N Carolina has been doing for years and they were investigated and nothing happened to blue blood. Double standard at its best.

It’s funny ESPN says there is no room for cheaters but constantly pump up coaches (such as Calipari) who have been at schools who were caught cheating while they were there.

Heck, I saw one of the ESPN analysts respond to a “Duke cheating” statement that Coach K and Duke “legally” paid for a recruits services.

[/quote]Everyone loves winners, period. If you aren’t cheating, you’re losing. No one likes losers.

I would rather lose with integrity! How can we teach our kids and grandkids and fail to set a positive example for them to follow!
There’s a prize in this life worth a lot more to me than any athletic event. If you have the morale courage and faith to do what is right!

Show me someone who loses with integrity and I’ll show you a loser

I understand your reasoning Hog2009. Yes, everyone loves a winner. But lets take this reasoning outside the sports world. China cheats on trade, steals our intellectual property, and counterfeits our goods. Not to mention breaking into our Government’s computers and stealing vital intelligence and defense data. Should they be applauded and rewarded for beating us? Should we give them the “Atta boy, China!” for that? Or should they be punished for it? China can be considered “Blue Blood”. They’re so brazen about it that they brag about it and dare us to do something about it.

In regards to the highlighted section, they aren’t the only ones. Many of our allies are far worse. Israel being one of the biggest culprits, but because they are “our allies” we overlook it. Trust me on this, if you’ve ever had a TS clearance you’ve heard so much about this subject you don’t want to.

Should they be applauded? Depends, did their hack lead to better security? Or did it lead to destruction?

Edit: And we laud Israel

[quote=“Lovemyhawgsforever”]

I understand your reasoning Hog2009. Yes, everyone loves a winner. But lets take this reasoning outside the sports world. China cheats on trade, steals our intellectual property, and counterfeits our goods. Not to mention breaking into our Government’s computers and stealing vital intelligence and defense data. Should they be applauded and rewarded for beating us? Should we give them the “Atta boy, China!” for that? Or should they be punished for it? China can be considered “Blue Blood”. They’re so brazen about it that they brag about it and dare us to do something about it.

[/quote]Dude, we are talking about college basketball, not international relations. Nobody’s life is at risk. Relax Francis.

This thread took quite the turn.

Yep

Reminder: no politics on these message boards. I deleted several posts and their responses.