Chavis on poor defensive performance

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2018 … aches-aft/

possible personnel changes, wonder who he meant? I’d love to see some young safeties

GHG

It was in response to my question about whether he looks at personnel changes after giving up 65 points and 639 yards. I don’t know that you can read a whole lot into what he said.

WHEN YOU GIVE UP 639 YARDS, 65 POINTS, DO YOU LOOK AT PERSONNEL CHANGES?
Morris: Well, I think you’re always looking at personnel changes and competing at different positions. And whether you gave up 300 yards or 600 yards, you’re always looking at how you compete out on the field and being able to have the competition that you need at practice to keep pushing each other and continue to grow.

The last question to Chavis in which he replied, “I never really thought about it, but here we are.” That comment drew some chuckles, but the question was hard to hear. It was about SEC quarterbacks and I believe Bob Holt asked it. Do you know the question to which Chavis was responding?

Bob essentially asked Chavis what he thought about facing a Hawaiian quarterback in back-to-back games.

Thanks, Scottie. I knew it wasn’t a hard-hitting question because of the way Chavis reacted, but it was one of the few questions that couldn’t be heard.

when you face QB like Tua and with speed at WR like bama has the only shot you have is to all out blitz him and hope you can hurry him b/c his OL will give him plenty of time and there was no way we could stay with them.I was surprised we didn’t do that.I think you will see it this week for sure and I bet Santos will be replaced