Chad Morris postgame radio interview (now with video)

This might not be verbatim, but it is close. I was transcribing as he was speaking and didn’t have time to turn on my recorder.

“I’m totally disgusted with the effort that was put out on the field all day long. It’s totally unacceptable and not what this program is about and going to be built on.”

He said something along the lines: “We’re gonna come back tomorrow and take the players that want to play and the coaches that want to coach.”

He said it was an unacceptable effort by everyone, coaches and players.

EDIT: He pretty much echoed those thoughts again in his postgame press conference.

[youtube]RRceNdRqy90[/youtube]

Well, can’t argue with him. It’s embarrassing to be a Razorback fan.

At least he didn’t sugarcoat it. I thought this was the first game where the players totally laid down. They seemed to play very uninspired from the beginning. Friday may be even worse.

totally agree…it’s a trainwreck to put it kindly…

Good I hope to hear of guys being told to hit the road.

Yes, I respect and like Coach Morris more today than I did yesterday. Many in this group quit and as a whole there is not much a coach can do when there is a lack of character and competitiveness on a team. There is nothing he can do, but pull in the ranks, play this last game and continue to recruit.

I really felt sorry for Coach Morris. You know how embarrassed he was. I was embarrassed watching the TV sitting alone by myself. I ran my wife off with the screaming and the cussing.

It should’ve happened several games back probably. It is a real shame. The culture up there has been and still is losing. Very, very difficult to change. I think Morris can do it. Weed out the losers and quitters and get it going. I’m going to watch OU destroy Kansas tonight in person. Dad’s weekend for my daughter. I hope I don’t see Jeffy there. Damn fool. Bielema too.

It should’ve happened several games back probably. It is a real shame. The culture up there has been and still is losing. Very, very difficult to change. I think Morris can do it. Weed out the losers and quitters and get it going. I’m going to watch OU destroy Kansas tonight in person. Dad’s weekend for my daughter. I hope I don’t see Jeffy there. Damn fool. Bielema too.

I hope Chad can as I like him and the staff he has assembled. But this is third time he has stated something like this with Vandy post game being the more recent one prior to today. It should only take once to get the point across or words become idle threats. It is hard to watch this quality of football.
In fairnessln this MSU team returned 20 starters from last year and struggled with change under Moorhead’s focus on passing versus running. They are beginning to come together. This is better talent group that Mullins left than what he inherited at Florida.

Kelly Bryant would like the MSU focus on pass game so Chad has to win one more big recruiting battle although Conner has better arm than Ty. We need Kelly’s experience

I agree. Well said

Today’s came across as the sharpest rebuke he has had for his team - much more harsh than after the Vanderbilt game.

Clay has always said it’s bad when coaches come out and blame themselves and apologize.

I guess this is a little different. I’m actually glad he said it. I wish he would clean house.

I and a lot of posters get tired of JacksonReid jumping into every thread to blame every thing under the sun on Bielema while calling him a drunk, when he wouldn’t say it to his face. But I will say the (un)common thread for the last several years has been that if anything goes wrong the players usually quit. And then, they get on the internet and are Twitter warriors.

That said, I miss at least being competitive. I can’t stand quitters and we have several on this team.

If you don’t believe me, look at the defensive effort pretty much throughout, but especially in the 3q.

And, y’all (and I know JacksonReid will because he has been on Kelley for awhile, undoubtedly at least in part because of the Bielema connection) can dog Cole Kelley and say he’s the worst thing ever but at least he can make throws. Plays hard. Cares. Gives us a chance to stay ahead of the chains in the running game.

He was awful vs. UNT but was 14-18 on short throws. I’ll be mocked for saying that but that’s fine. I don’t care. Storey hasn’t been any better. At all. He’s 1-8 with several absolute clunkers.

Storey throws picks and cant make all the throws and isn’t really a running threat. He’s a good leader but he doesn’t make plays and he’s late getting the ball out a ton and struggles to make simple throws.

I honestly think Jones might be the best QB on the roster, long term. He isn’t ready but he has a better arm than Storey and he’s a baller.

But, really it doesn’t matter because we don’t block anyone and we don’t get open and if we do we bat the ball down like DBs when we have wide open running room.

Can I keep living in your head rent free or do I owe you something ?!?

Matt do think CCM will make coaching changes at the end of the season? I was glad he called out players and coaches. He did not come to Arkansas to be embarrassed like this.

Scott Frost, at Nebraska said nearly those exact words, in a public forum, after they started 0-6. They have won 4 of their last 5 games, losing only to OH ST by less than a TD. I’m glad CCM finally said that and included the coaches, but I wish he’d done it after we were 1-5.

Yes, I do, but I don’t know who it will be. I don’t think you can go 2-10 or, less likely, 3-9 and not make changes on your staff.

[quote=“MattJones”]

Yes, I do, but I don’t know who it will be. I don’t think you can go 2-10 or, less likely, 3-9 and not make changes on your staff.

[/quote]What do you think about him pulling Chief out of the booth and putting him on the sidelines? Was it a desperation move?

I don’t know who he’s gonna let go…but I know I hope he DOESN’T let go:

Barry Lunney Jr.
Steve Caldwell
Chief

Any of the others as he see’s fit…but the three above must stay or things will really unravel…

After watching that debacle, I’m afraid to post. I’m going to cool down. I agree with Coach Morris comments.

I don’t have a problem with his comments, it was obvious to see. Don’t see a lot to gain from it at this point, but I get it, it’s been a horrid season. I doubt it does much at this point. They are and have been done for awhile.