CBS game on Black Friday

Typically the SEC/CBS schedule release during the spring meetings includes the game the network plans to show on Black Friday, but it has yet to be determined this year. The decision on whether the network will show Arkansas-Missouri again isn’t expected until sometime this summer.

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2018 … lack-frid/

Thinking out loud: I wonder if CBS is attempting to get Georgia-Georgia Tech moved to Friday. It is in Athens this year, so the SEC has broadcast rights. CBS could send its A team to Athens on Friday, then to the Iron Bowl in Tuscaloosa the next day, and CBS would have all three of the SEC favorites on its network on the final weekend.

I wish they would have our game with Missouri on Saturday, would be way more easy to travel on Friday without leaving at 3:00 in the morning. The novelty of a Friday game has been lost anyway. There’s about as many games on Friday now as that last Saturday. Everyone thinks of the LSU game being on Friday, but there were more than a few that were on Saturday, including the 2009 and 2010 games. 1994, 1995, 1996, and 1997 were on Saturday.

The 1996 and 1997 LSU games were on Friday. Those were the first two years of the Black Friday game on CBS.

The Arkansas-LSU games were on Saturday from 1992-95.

Game in 1992 was on a very cold Friday in Fayetteville. Joe Kines last game as interim head coach.

Ok, I didn’t realize that. I do know the CBS Black Friday games began in 1996.