Some updates from the workouts + how players have handled covid-19:
Other notes I didn’t get in the story:
• Asked about his thoughts on the season, Musselman said they are taking it day-by-day and hope to play as early as possible and as many games as possible. The team is doing all it can to remain healthy.
• Desi Sills has done a nice job trying to teach the system and be a coach on the floor. He has improved as a ballhandler and in his already-solid ability to get to the rim.
• Musselman has been pleased with KK Robinson’s quickness and pace of play. He really likes Davonte Davis’ work defensively of late and his effort to track down loose balls. Thinks he is a phenomenal rebounder from the guard spot.
• On Ethan Henderson: “He’s playing his role. He’s rebounding, he’s playing hard and bringing energy.”
• Musselman mentioned early on in workouts that Justin Smith had gotten better as a jumpshooter. I asked if that had continued:
“His confidence is growing, as well as the number of reps that he’s getting. I think he’s going to be an improved shooter from maybe what we saw in the past.”
• On Vance Jackson: He is typically one of the guys who has some of the top shooting numbers in drills. In scrimmage-like situations, he’s done a nice job proving to be a shooter with range. He’s rebounding the ball well, too.