Carl Williams decommits

Decommitted? According to Twitter.

NM

https://twitter.com/tx_royalty/status/1068687189716942848

Somewhat of a surprise.

As I posted after the last two debacles - we are about to see how well this staff can recruit.

Can they close well with some big targets? Bryant is not coming and we shall see about the others.

Can they hold everybody? I said not likely but hopefully attrition will be minimal. Hate losing a DT. May not be able to move M. Miller to offense now.

Buckle up

East Texas kids are usually not well traveled. I think being closer to home is probably more desirable.

Lord knows I can relate. I was a HUGE momma’s boy.

Wonder if we encouraged this or he just decided 2-10 was not a good enough team to play for. Surprised we haven’t seen more of this. Hope dominoes don’t start falling. How are his grades? Was he taken back by Morris statement that we can move defensive linemen to offensive line?

Lufkin lost last week in the playoffs, several kids didn’t play due to failed drug tests. I’m not sure if Carl was part of that group but maybe this is a mutual parting of ways.

[quote=“RichardDavenport”]

East Texas kids are usually not well traveled. I think being closer to home is probably more desirable.

Lord knows I can relate. I was a HUGE momma’s boy.

[/quote]I can understand.

Now it’s next man up. Who would that be, RD?

Read elsewhere we encouraged this. Not sure how reliable that report was however

hate to lose him but would trade him for a stud OL anyday.

How many stud offensive are out there? Most committed else where I suppose.

Getting that STUD O-Lineman requires a srtud recruiter…

Not sure about that, I had missed that we saw him on Tuesday, so he was in our plans. If there was a position we could afford a loss, it was the DL. Some of those DE’s may grow to DL, but Carl was already there, lol. We need OL, LB, and a transfer QB, something had to give.

Agree… does not appear this was encouraged by the staff

This kid just said he was 100% Razorback a few days ago…

They always say that remember Reggie Perry’s commitment story saying we were his Duke and Kentucky

Not the case.

And it begins.

if we didn’t encourage this, and i believe you guys, very disappointing. wonder how many more are going to bail.

That the concern - simetimes you just need one to leave the chat group and before you know it you have problems.

As I said, the next two weeks will tell me a lot about this staff.

Buckle up for the roller coaster.