Can we win

9 more?

I admit, I didn’t think there was a chance before today. After the heart they showed I’m not about to write them off, but I think it’s still going to be an uphill battle to get to that magic number. Dropping that Vanderbilt game at home may come back to haunt us.

If last two games are any indication, we have a shot . WPS

1 Like

Yes we can,
This game has to be another confidence builder. Wasn’t pretty at first, but the men hung in there and made plays late.
Won this one without Khamani. On the road.
Got 2 good tastes of blood. WPS!!!

2 Likes

There’s always a chance. The players will have to commit to playing hard nose defense and at some point they will need to stop the stupid unforced TO’s.
These next 3 games will be key. Beat South Carolina and Texas A&M at home and go to Ole Miss and win and your on your way. That would put the hogs sitting at 5-3 in conference play.
After watching games yesterday the Hogs could still finish Top 4 in the SEC.
They can’t afford anymore let downs like the Vandy and A&M games.

1 Like

The talent is there. The ability to execute is there. Not sure about the rest. I’m gonna be pulling for them like crazy.

2 Likes

“Won this one without Khamani”… that would have made no sense just two weeks ago but now it has real meaning. Bench play and players jumping in to take advantage of good playing time is exactly what happened last year. Hopefully the season has changed into a similar flight.

1 Like

A couple of reasons I’m encouraged about this win are, we didn’t shoot as well as we can (except for 2nd half 3s), and we still had far too many TOs, which should be somewhat correctable.

We played, by far, our best game defensively. They will need to carry very good defense forward to go on a long winning SEC streak. You’re right, we will have to prove we will continue playing defense at that level.

3 Likes
  • S Carolina
  • Texas A&M
  • at Ole Mis
  • West Virginia
  • at Georgia
  • Mississippi State

Our next 6 games. I like Arkansas’ chances in all 6.

2 Likes

The key is to build momentum. Some teams will fall the other way. If you go forward and some go backwards, you sail forward. It works like that every year for those that maintain the fight and stay healthy.

3 Likes

Who knows how it will turn out but the win yesterday has given them a chance to really flip the schedule.

Five of the next 7 are at home and the 2 road games are probably their most winnable road games (Ole Miss and UGA).

Consistency will be the key. But after winning the last 2, a 9-game win streak is possible.

USCe
Tamu
@OM
W Virginia
@UGA
Miss St
AU

They’ll probably be favored in all but AU. OM might be a slight favorite at home. ESPN win predictor has Hogs to win all but AU and gives them a 40 percent chance of winning that one.

Win most of those and they’re suddenly ahead of schedule, again.

2 Likes

Can be done. Still gonna need to curb the TO margin. That aspect needs to be in the range of the Mizzu game.

1 Like

Not ready to think quite that far ahead, but yeah, seems doable. LSU is much better than either OM or UGA. Hogs took care of business in Baton Rouge. No reason the team can’t win in Oxford and Athens. Game at Oxford will be interesting. Team will need to find ways to score against that 2-3 matchup zone Ole Miss likes to play.

Thinking too far ahead will get you in trouble. But it’s OK to do it when you are a fan. You are correct about the 2-3 zone and Ole Miss. Can be a bear. The weak spot is the foul line. Who is the guy to play that spot? Devo? Last year it was Justin Smith. Maybe it’s Umude?

1 Like

Connor had a huge game against the rebelious ones last year. I hope he gets some quality minutes in Oxford.

Interesting. Both Wade and Toney can knock down that FT line jumper.

3 Likes

Wade and Umede and been a present surprise in the last 2 games. They weren’t brought in just for their offense. They can play defense and rebound.

2 Likes

Maybe just maybe we are starting to gel and starting to improve mentally as a team especially on defense. We need to continue to win but don’t want to see us peak just yet. WPS

1 Like

They most certainly can, as long as they remember they’re not talented enough to go out there and win in this conference not playing a good solid 40 minutes.

This team will have to play hard the whole game to win in this league and that’s what has got us in trouble sometimes… keep grinding, pedal to the metal, wear teams down and then jump on them! Then I think we can do it.

1 Like

As can Stanley.