Can we get Chris Beard?

Let the beating begin. I root for Mike, too.

Just like the way Beard’s teams play.

I had trouble trying to decide if I should root for Florida or Tech. Because some here want Mike White and some want Chris Beard. Of course some want anyone that won today.

Keep in mind Mike Anderson got to Sweet 16 in year 3 of his coaching career. This is what Beard’s 5th or 6th? Also Mike has been to Elite Eight.

This is only Beard’s third year as a D-1 coach. He coached at D-2 Angelo State before getting the UALR-LR job. He’s not coming here. Tech is his dream job.

[quote=“PJHawg”]

I had trouble trying to decide if I should root for Florida or Tech. Because some here want Mike White and some want Chris Beard. Of course some want anyone that won today.

Keep in mind Mike Anderson got to Sweet 16 in year 3 of his coaching career. This is what Beard’s 5th or 6th? Also Mike has been to Elite Eight.

[/quote] Tubby won a Natty.

Beard is a great coach that uses schemes that are relevant for today’s college basketball. Mike went to the sweet 16 and great 8 at a different time in college basketball rules, competition and schemes. Mike did a good job of going deep into the NCAAT so we know he can do it. Mike is a good coach that has not adapted, but COULD if he wasn’t so stubborn. I would rather keep Mike if he would adapt to today’s schemes, environment and competition.

Based on what I’ve heard and trust, I don’t believe that last sentence is accurate.

I understand that Beard and Moser both enjoyed their time in LR enough to know the real draw of the Razorbacks.