Can we at least slow down the Hammer Down?

I’m afraid our D will not be conditioned enough to keep up the blistering pace. What is the football equivalent of stepping out of the batter’s box?

The little bit I’ve seen Auburn play it’s certainly not been left lane hammer down.

I haven’t watched AU play that much but we should be able to keep the game interesting and make some plays!

Both sides are going to be incredibly motivated. I could see the game being 10-7 either way at the half. I do think that the defense we’ve been putting on the field lately will stymie the Auburn offense that I’ve seen thus far. It just doesn’t look that good. Of course, our own offense has sputtered at inopportune times.

The problem with that is the amount of depth Auburn has. We’re always going to have problems winning the depth wars in the SEC. You have to punch these teams in the mouth early and frustrate them to the point that they change their approach.

I’ve been practically biting my lip to keep from giving Chad,Gus and Auburn any added fuel/ammunition BEFORE this coming Saturday and I know our players would certainly appreciated it as well .Hopefully, after the game

It’s not about the plays. It’s about the players. Auburn is having trouble with its offensive line. It’s a line that is full of two and three stars, not highly regarded, and with little experience. That’s the key to this game, the way the two offensive lines plays. This is a more equal game in the trenches than the last few Arkansas-Auburn games.

3 Likes

Aubbie fan I play golf with daily says “Ya’ll can have him back! He ain’t no good!”

Clay:

How did Auburn wind up with a bunch of two- and three-star offensive linemen? Auburn normally recruits very well.

Tell him “no take backs!”

It all come out when his closest friend and only supporter has to fire him at the end of the year - aka push him to a non p5 conference coaching job.

More interestingly, however, is Clay’s mention of AU’s inability to recruit at OL, long before CM got there.

It’s not like Auburn stole him from us. We kicked his butt out & Auburn took him. It’s their own fault.

Heck if I know. O line is sometimes hard to evaluate. One thing to remember, I don’t think there are a ton of 4 and 5 star O linemen period.

Here are four of the starters background:

LT — 3 star DT
LG — 3 star DT
RG — 2 star grad transfer from Akron
RT — 3 star

I would not have guessed that.

The Aubie boards are saying this is their worst O-line since 2012… this is our best defense since around the same timeline. If our offense avoids turnovers, we could really make them hate Chad.

ClayHenry

scientificrocket

2h

Heck if I know. O line is sometimes hard to evaluate. One thing to remember, I don’t think there are a ton of 4 and 5 star O linemen period.

Here are four of the starters background:

LT — 3 star DT
LG — 3 star DT
RG — 2 star grad transfer from Akron
RT — 3 star Thanks Clay. Now I’m getting extra-pumped for this game.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.