BWA dissed

not included by Coaches as in top arena environments, I do love the Grand Canyon Women’s volleyball clip just below. Apparently Grand Canyon athletics translates to party to the max. I doubt even Muss could get the lights and music equal to GCU.

This is insane. BWA is the best there is. I can testify. I am there.

3 Likes

Ridiculous that were not in there…

2 Likes

I can attest to one thing…Rupp is not intimidating…at all. It’s a total wine and cheese crowd. There is no home court like The Bud in the SEC, especially when we are good. None. Our fans actually contribute to winning. Not many other places can say that.

It’s cool though. Let them sleep on us. I guarantee Few and Self would rather have a root canal than bring a contender into Fayetteville. The Squid has no choice.

4 Likes

Yeah I almost posted this, I don’t see the passion that we have at BWA, they’re so spoiled that they don’t really appreciate them I believe.

1 Like

There was never a louder crowd anywhere than last year’s Auburn game. It was basketball shock and awe. When a game really matters, BWA delivers.

5 Likes

If they were talking to coaches for this, a lot of coaches (a) probably have never been to BWA at all, or (b) don’t remember what it was like 25 years ago and is becoming again.

1 Like

Aloha,
If it was a must win game, would you rather play at BWA or Barnhill?
UA…Campus of Champions

1 Like

BWA. If it were in Barnhill, only BMG&P donors would have seats in that small Arena.

2 Likes

I am still blown away be Grand Canyon support for volleyball, really crazy if play the clip. Rumored to be similar for basketball.

I guarantee Few and Self would rather have a root canal than bring a contender into Fayetteville.

:laughing: :laughing: funny and also very true

1 Like

Speaking of volleyball, Nebraska and Creighton played tonight in Omaha and had a sellout of 15,700. Of course neither school has football to speak of…

1 Like

Size matters. No way some of these small arenas (Zags with 6000) can match BWA. If they are better, Muss needs to send a scout to figure out why. (Back to an earlier thread, we need to resurrect the spirit of Jim Robken.)

1 Like

I hear ya, but have you been to those other place?

Of course not. But I just know we are the best,. :grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning:

BWA is not on list because most coaches are smart enough not to come to Fayetteville with their teams. What coaches have been there outside SEC coaches? Syracuse Boeheim in 2012, Denny Crum Louisville, Norm Stewart Mizzou, Lute Olsen Zona, Self with ORU in mid 90’s not Jayhawks, Larry Brown SMU and Mike Anderson Mizzou. However, Coach K, Roy Williams, Bob Knight, Tom Izzo, Jay Wright, Jim Calhoun, Leonard Hamilton, Tony Bennett, Chris Beard, Scott Drew, Dana Altman or Mick Cronin UCLA never came to BWA. John Calipari, Rick Pitino and Billy Donovan dont count since they were SEC. Can’t speak the praise of a place that many come to be destroyed.

5 Likes

They play in a canyon. Of course it’s loud in there. Sound bouncing all over the place. Echo effect. One person yelling is like 4 or 5 in a place with normal accoustics.

With 10k capacity back in Barnhill’s glory years, many would argue that crowd size did not matter since it was louder & more intimidating than BWA even at 19.2k capacity. Robken’s band contributed to the Barnhill atmosphere such that it brought new meaning to the term home field advantage. Apparently soft drink & beer ads make more money for the University than the Wild Hog Band & therefore take precedent over great collegiate atmosphere & spirit.