Buh Bye Brent M.

It looks like for Mushburger.

I can’t say that I will miss him.

Brent Musburger announces retirement

I agree Marty…past time for him to go.

Herbie probably is happy too. :smiley: :smiley:

I wonder if he was encouraged to retire by ESPN after his testy response to criticism of his support for woman-puncher Joe Mixon during the bowl game a few weeks ago. Or maybe ESPN could just not stomach Brent M. adding “that rascal” to his list of annoying things to say repeatedly during a broadcast.

I will miss Musberger tremendously. Always felt like a big game when he was announcing. I have a lot of nostalgia for his work in the 70s and 80s on the CBS pregame show and the NBA on CBS.

At 77 he was still a sharp announcer and better than Chris Fowler IMO (who replaced him with Herbstreit).

I really liked Musburger on the CBS pre-game show, but then again I liked Jimmy the Greek on that, too. Musburger was in his prime then. Lately, his announcing was lacking, but then again, he’s 77; he’s not going to be what he was 40 years ago. Wish him the best in retirement.

He should have retired 10 years ago. The last few years has marred his reputation.
I know I liked him a lot better than when he became a lecherous old curmudgeon.

The OU stuff probably made him realize it was time for him to go. I think he has something he’s going to do in Vegas with his kids that has to do with tip sports betting. That kinda figures. He always seemed like a little like a Vegas type to me, just a bit slimy.

I was never a fan. He didn’t annoy me as badly as some, but never liked him.

Brent has never said anything positive about the hogs. And for Herbie it was would nice to never hear his Pro big 10 and big 12 crap again!
They both irritate me and I mute their broadcast! My least favorite broadcaster is Bill ( dry humor ) Walton. He hates Arkansas almost as much as I hate him!
About half the time broadcaster call Arkansas (Arizona). We get some real idiots to ref and broadcast .
Joe T is the I like.
Happy retirement 20 years late. Take Herdie with you to that radio show and I hope it goes broke and you have to go work at Burger King

We have an Army/Navy disagreement… surprise.

I won’t miss him. Somehow I would not be surprised if he got into something slimy. He wears on my nerves. First Vern now Brent. 2017 is shaping up to be a good year.

Good lord. You people that hate Musberger and Verne must hate puppys and ice cream.

To each his own.

Yes. He’s going to change his name to Brent Brentwood and do a sports betting reality show. Great deal. He sells you his locks of the week. You win he gets 50%, you lose it’s all on you.