Brutal ending

For Coach K. Life can be very cruel sometimes. It is very hard to win that ring…no matter how many people hope you do.

1 Like

Yeah North Carolina just flat out took that from him. Incredible game though high level play.

4 Likes

I’m proud the retirement parade is over.
Duke can pass it on to the next man! I hope they have 30 years of losing and Miss the dance to all of em.
Coach K came form West Point and needed his career at Duke. They will
Put up monument for him and name the court after him. The next coach steps up and won’t have a chance.

3 Likes

Well, they do have the only class rated better than ours, Army, but I think that they will take a step back rather soon. I would hate to be a Duke fan tonite.

You have got to do this and that, and make FT’s LOL

1 Like

Almost as much as I would hate to be an LSU fan!

2 Likes

Not brutal…closing out his storied career in the Final Four…and this that’s the underscore.

Duke was way better against us. They shot poorly against Carolina.

3 Likes

Kentucky has proven you can have great recruiting class and fall flat on your face. That’s the reason I believe so strongly that we now have a opportunity to become a final four household name, great recruiting + great head coach = highly competitive on the big stage. WPS

2 Likes

I was thinking the same thing……

1 Like

It looked like pressure got to them. Duke’s best player quit taking on Manek in stretch.

Paolo Banchero, too, had 4-foul Armando Bacot defending him on several possessions after Bacot rolled his ankle. Didn’t really go at him. Shocked me.

1 Like

NC had more length than we did.

Add to that a Powerful, loyal great fan base as well.

3 Likes

Very good game. Enjoyed watching it. didn’t really care who won. Two very good teams with great talent. I thought going into the tourney that NC was a team to watch. Oh yes, the great ranking put them as an 8 seed and KY a 2 seed. Yeah, right. they better pay far more attention to what you do in Feb than Nov.

I didn’t think UNC was a true 8 seed. But the games they lost, most were by a sizable margin, so I kind of understood it. The home loss to a really bad Pitt team in February didn’t help their case either.

In mid-February the talk was that UNC would miss the tournament completely. And if they hadn’t turned their season around, they would have.

Yes indeed, a fan base that has been to the bottom and has seen the top and stayed faithful through it all. WPS

1 Like

Don’t think NC will beat Kansas… way too much emotion burned up.

1 Like

Yeah NC is the epitome of Jekyll and Hyde they have had four losses of over 20 points and yet they got a chance to win it all. That just goes to show you that you have to peak at the exact right time. That is almost impossible to do, why the best team hardly ever wins the NC.