Broyles interview from a few years ago

Randomly found this - appears to be with a Chicago-based sports show from about 2 1/2 years ago. Probably one of the last live interviews that Coach Broyles has done.

Not a lot of new info here, but I enjoyed listening. I laughed a little when one of the hosts asked if Bobby Dodd - who Broyles played and coached under - was related to some coach with a last name of “Dodge” that coached with the Bears.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GQSAu_nYJY

[youtube]6GQSAu_nYJY[/youtube]

I enjoyed that. Thanks for posting. So many great
memories it brings back, and it was just good to
hear coach Broyles sharing some of them. A very
sharp mind for a near ninety year old.

We have a 30-minute interview taped of Coach Broyles. We will run that here again soon. It is gold.

[quote=“ClayHenry”]
We have a 30-minute interview taped of Coach Broyles. We will run that here again soon. It is gold.
[/quote]As I was listening to the interview posted in the OP here, I remembered a series of interviews (perhaps it is the 30 minute interview you reference, broken into 4 or 5 parts?) that you posted here about 5 years ago. As you say, those were “gold”. I’m so glad you were able to get them at that point. A lot of good information in those clips.

BTW, one nugget in the interview posted above that I had never heard (some here probably had) is that Coach’s first love, in terms of sports, was baseball - not football. He said his dream as a kid was to play for “Ted William’s Red Sox”. He apparently was a very good baseball player (he was drafted by both the Baseball Cardinals and the NFL’s Chicago Bears), but an injury to his arm during his senior year kept him from pursuing professional dreams.