Brawl at Egg Bowl

Players from both sides ejected! Can’t stand Ole Miss!

And the two that threw the first punches didn’t get kicked out. That was 1 for the Rebel, Land Shark, Rebels and 38 for State.

It was ugly. And predictable.

State’s defense controlled the game from start to finish as most predicted. Jordan Tamu was not effective, then he hurt his hand. It didn’t matter.

Maybe, one day Arkansas will have a great defense. It has been so long I don’t remember the last one.

State has a great defense. Saw what it did to the Ole Miss offense with all of that talent. Ole Miss player finally thought they scored 1 TD (which they didn’t) and had to mouth off. Never understood why a player thinks after one good play they should bragg about it when they are getting beat like a drumb.

Enjoyed watching ole miss get beat like that. Can’t enjoy watching my team anymore as they do not play, so have to find enjoyment somewhere.

We have those players that like to celebrate a play and talk trash while getting beat like a step child. I hope some of those players get sent packing.
I hate Ole Miss and Moo U.

[quote=“ArmyHog”]

We have those players that like to celebrate a play and talk trash while getting beat like a step child. I hope some of those players get sent packing.
I hate Ole Miss and Moo U.

[/quote]I hate it too, but realize that if we punished every player for this type of behavior, it might be tough to finish the game short of players. Also, based on the reaction on this and other boards to the suspensions following the MooU game, it would appear that many fans would not support it either.

[quote=“KeithGuthrie”]

If I were the coach I’d just play short handed. I can’t stand the liberal thinking of our society today. Anything goes. There’s plenty of time to celebrate when a game is over. This is the day and age of the participation trophy and pampering players instead of getting knee deep when they continue to screw up. That is cause of the culture in the locker room and the poor performance on the field. This breeds losing.

I agree with you, Army Hog. This lack of discipline and respect is just sad. You see a guy with the character of Larry Fitzgerald of the Arizona Cardinals, and it gives you hope. You watch the brawl between Ole Miss and Mississippi State and wonder what is going on with these guys.

The announcers mentioned last night during the Egg Bowl that Nick Fitzgerald was angry this week and mentioned he thought the Ole Miss players were trying to hurt him last year, and they did by diving at his lower leg and dislocating his ankle last year. I saw that same behavior in Arkansas’ game with Ole Miss in Little Rock.

Ole Miss reminds me of Mike Tyson fighting against Evander Holyfield. Tyson was a bully, but he met his match in Evander. Holyfield whipped his butt straight up and Tyson couldn’t take it, so he took the easy way out by biting off a piece of Holyfield’s ear. Tyson didn’t want to be knocked out, so he bit Evander to eliminate that possibility.