Brandon Nimmo

Not sure if someone else mentioned this but signed a $162 million, 8 year deal with Mets. Committed to us from Cheyenne WY, but never showed up as took minor league deal. Great young man. God bless America.

I’m a happy Mets fan.

I always liked Nimmo because he offers a different kind of at bat in the lineup. You can’t easily dismiss him and he eats up a lot of pitches.

His defense has gotten a bit better as well over the years.

1 Like

I saw that. I wondered how many remembered that he had been committed to Arkansas.

I remembered.

Also on the MLB free agent front, Ken Rosenthal of The Athletic reports that the Astros are kicking the tires on bringing in Andrew Benintendi.

That would work for me. I’m a bit of an Astros fan and I could easily pull for them if Benny is there. I just couldn’t root for the NYY.

I’m thinking they might be looking at putting Benny in right and shifting Kyle Tucker over to center. Or put him in left and let Yordan Alvarez DH, where he can focus on mashing it 450 feet over the Juice Box batter’s eye.

Also, Ryne Stanek will be back in Houston for 2023 after an outstanding year in relief – and a ring.

1 Like

He actually did show up. His first year he should have been in school and maybe second year he spent the offseason in Fayetteville working out with James McCann.

Brandon and James lived together in Fayetteville between the 2012 and 2013 seasons. He was around Baum all winter.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.