Booing

I guess I just come from a different age. As ugly and frustrating as the game was, booing the home team shows a lack of self control, class, and looks bad to recruits. If it upsets you bad enough to boo your own tribe, find another hobby.

2 Likes

I just left the game. I will boo with my wallet next season.

1 Like

Thats fair enough.

Agree uncleham

I can’t speak for those booing, obviously, but it felt to me they were booing the play calling.

3 Likes

Booing is 100% fair. You want to be big time, act like it and accept the consequences.

2 Likes

Probably, but my Daddy taught me not to, just like standing up to shake hands, looking people in the eye, using mam and sir, etc. Times change, and I probably just sound old. Lol

1 Like

Me too

I personally have never booed our coaches or players, but in the age of NIL and players now getting paid expect it to become more common.

College football is becoming more like the NFL with each passing year and booing players and coaches in that league happens all the time.

1 Like

I don’t do it. But I understand it. I don’t really consider it to be a big deal.

If fans are the “11th man”, then booing is a means to communicate something needs to change-fast! Silence in those situations indicates acceptance- and maybe good manners.

1 Like

I would never boo the home team, although the offense deserved it. I expected to give up 21-28 but expected to score 30+. Their DL stunted all game and we never adjusted. Poor performance and especially on Homecoming. Not a good look.

1 Like

Seems to me when you couple the high salaries of the coaches, the money and amenities provided the kids with the expense of attending college football games, the likelihood of fan feedback will increase.

Today is what I would call uninspired play led by less than fully inspired coaching. It would be wrong as well as inaccurate for me to assess who did not have their head/heart fully engaged, so I won’t, but will say I was encouraged by the play of Quincy McAdoo, hopefully this was a preview of coming attractions. I also admire the fight and spirit that Landers and Haselwood displayed.

2 Likes

Quality young men from Arkansas like McAdoo will save this program. Don’t depend on too many out-of-state mercenaries. They don’t bring it every game. Sam had better figure that out.

1 Like