Bobby Petrino

I mean no disrespect to Coach B but it pains me to watch Louisville’s success and think about how our program was ascending at the time we let Petrino go. Maybe legally we had no choice (Though there is usually always a choice) but I have to wonder if, in the foreseeable future, we will find ourselves as close to the top of the SEC as we were then. We had the perfect on the field coach for us; one who played exciting football and didn’t require 5 star prospects to do it. Man, we had caught lightning in a bottle and let it go.

He wouldn’t be our coach right now even if we hadn’t let him go. Too many other positions have come open he would have been a prime candidate for. He won’t be at louisville next year either if Jackson win the heisman. Don’t forget, his last year was a decline from the year before. Great coach but the inevitable happened at Arkansas, gladly sooner than later.

[quote=“anthony1704”]
I mean no disrespect to Coach B but it pains me to watch Louisville’s success and think about how our program was ascending at the time we let Petrino go. Maybe legally we had no choice (Though there is usually always a choice) but I have to wonder if, in the foreseeable future, we will find ourselves as close to the top of the SEC as we were then. We had the perfect on the field coach for us; one who played exciting football and didn’t require 5 star prospects to do it. Man, we had caught lightning in a bottle and let it go.
[/quote] I cannot for the life of me understand why this is still popping up.

Go ahead, make yourself feel better.

[quote=“KeithGuthrie”]

Really?
Louisville is ranked 7th in the county. You honestly can’t understand why people talk about Petrino?

[quote=“KeithGuthrie”]

56-3

Vanderbilt 13, Auburn 10.

Auburn 20 - Vandy 13, with the SEC video review in Birmingham helping decide what’$ in the best interest of the conference on a review.

[quote=“hog2009”]

Sure, really, I am not so easily convinced that even without the impossible situation that Bobby created that he would still be here, or be hugely successful if he were here. I think it overly simplistic to reach that conclusion as well as ignoring facts to think it was wrong in getting rid of him, regardless of the Auburn score.

Not saying I disagree with you, but the idea that you can’t understand why people bring him up seems quite odd. He is a former Arkansas coach that is having great success, while the current Razorback team appears to be a middle of the pack SEC team.

Just wondering how long this persists?

I’m thinking until Petrino has a motorcycle accident with an underaged girl on the back we’ll be seeing these type posts…

I really like UofL

I live here and like the city

I Love rural Kentucky and IF you have to live in a city - Louisville isn’t bad

But no way The ACC is anything close to the SEC

As for CBP - I don’t follow UofL football anymore because of CBP

CBP disgusts me - he is successful because he is in the ACC and not playing Bama

Besides with the state of UofL sexual misconduct in so many areas

I would not be surprised CBP finds the ditch again

Coach Bret Is a top tier coach working at a Arkansas program that has major disadvantages to compete at the level Arkansas competes (while not being involved in sexual and other recuiting practices that destroy people and programs)!

We are fortunate to have coach Bret - give him time and everyone will forget about the guy who left us in such a mess

Please forgive the rant

I agree with everything in your rant. Louisville is a fine city that my best friend will retire to next year. CBB does it right.

Did AH bp beat fl??

I have a hard time understanding why some keep looking backward at Petrino. Character matters. He had none.

Need to be thankful for who we have right now. He is doing things the right way.

Thank you for saying this. We have some fans that I couldn’t stand to have a beer with because of their man crush on Petrino and Gussiah.

Our society is so worried about instant winning and trash talk, that winning means more than character.

No one ever doubted Petrino’s coaching ability. However, I’m not convinced yet he will do well in the long run at one school because his inability to recruit will eventually catch up with him. This is his second stint at UL so it’s hard to know how he’ll do in year 4 or 5. Besides, the ACC isn’t the SEC. I’m not sure UL’s record would be that great if they played in the SECW. Regardless, he’s a good coach who forced us to fire him. I just wish people would appreciate what we have in CBB

What’s even better is his success is in the sec west against ranked opponents every weekend… oh wait… no it’s not