Bo is acting like Chuck Barrett

Right, wrong or indifferent you have to respect that some of us are not happy with some of the recent events. Bo is acting like Chuck did when HDN was in his free fall. Bo is trying to skew public opinion from his bully pulpit and that doesn’t sit well with me. I don’t want to see a good man be fired but the wave of discontent is now a tsunami. The agenda sermons are not going to help unify our fanbase around Norvell, Gus or…whoever. Kevin Scanlon is a great business person, pro sports agent, and investment professional. I think Kevin is going to be AD and I am quite happy about that. Bo wants to act like we are letting the Good Ole Boy Network take over control, but that is such a drama queen reaction by Bo. The reality is that it is going to take some money to execute the change and that means we need big money boosters to step up…and that means we have to listen to their opinions of how to use their donations. I don’t like the coach search but it is, what it is.

My life became a lot more pleasant a few years ago when I stopped listening to Bo.

In fact, he said just the opposite. He said Chancellor Steinmetz is in control.

Well I will look to you for guidance because Bo’s show is not reporting news…it feels like it is trying to influence news.

Scanlon? Fantastic if true!

Bo is in Radio. His job is not to unify the fan base. His job is to get ratings. And he seems to do a good job of that - kudo’s to Bo. He certainly brings informative guests on his show. My best friend just retired from radio after 50 years in the business (including a stint in NWA when he was in college. He told me once - in radio you’re like a MLB manager - either on your way in or on your way out. Bo is smart and I’m betting his job is secure for a while. It’s a business and (it appears) Bo knows how to gain and hold listeners.

Bo is part of the establishment crowd that has a vested interest in the status quo. I’m sure his head is about to explode over the Long firing and now realizing all of his time filming “Being Bret Bielema” is about to be for naught. He played his hand too far by allowing Dari Nowkhah to come on his show and spew a bunch of anti-Arkansas garbage. That turned off a lot of people.

He is an irritating little guy, but he does have a good show. I just wish he could get on an fm station in Little Rock so we could have better audio quality. The sound quality is awful. I had hoped he might replace DTS, but I guess that is not going to happen.

He has taken both sides in this AD and coaching change. I keep waiting for him to hire Eddie from Clarksville as his co-host. Now, that would be a pair.

What is that telling you?