Bluegrass Football Bourbon Ark Vs UFL

So what to do when traveling into the Swamp when your head Coach has COVID and a Hurricane Lurks to make it one sloppy windy Hot Wet Mess ?

You just may need some Heavenly Divine Intervention

So for this contest I recommend “Angel’s Envy”

A recently new Bourbon that has been gifted to me a number of times - its a Thinking out of the box Bourbon that gives honor to traditional Fine Bourbon making - and in fact the Master Distiller who created it came out of retirement to refine it - following traditional American Bourbon making in charred White Oak Barrels and after properly aged removed and “Finished” in Port Wine barrels

For purest this “Scotch” Whisky finishing technique is sacrilegious until they taste the product that has a fine smooth finish with a hint of fruit (I taste a raisin) mixed in the vanilla, pecan and smoke and spice

It obtains its name when the Master Distiller noting that the loss of Bourbon vapor waifing into the air in the aging process (causing up to 1/3rd loss of the original cast Whisky into the air of the barrel house) that lost vaporized Bourbon is called “The Angels Share”

(That’s why you cant smoke or have flame near a barrel house it would go up in flames)

Somehow, in transferring the Bourbon into the Port barrels for finishing more whisky is retained with larger amounts of the finished Bourbon seeping out of the port staves. Because it didn’t completely turn to vaper as it aged it became “The Angels Envy”

Arkansas is a traditional All American Tough, Bluecollar, Unified, Grit and Fight Team that is born up like mighty White Oaks that have been charred - but maybe they need to refine and do something more sophisticate and “FINNISH” in a way that makes the Gators Envy

Not expecting a win except by Heavenly Divine Intervention - I recommend - “Angels Envy” Bourbon - its good neat or mixed

Its a New Age Bourbon that pays respect to the past while taking on a new character - what better way than to watch Our Razorbacks Pay respect to the pact with true Blue Collar Arkansas Football Grit but winning by Finishing in a new way - A Victory in the Swamp

UFL is expecting an old fashion Arkansas but with Angelic intervention and play that makes Angels Envy - anything “Old Fashion” can become something new and not to be underestimated

Go Hogs Go - Finnish a gator

4 Likes

Bluegrass - my favorite post each week besides Clay’s 10 keys.

I love Angel’s Envy. It does have an interesting finish.

Go Hogs and use the “Angelic” approach this week!

1 Like

I tried to find some Blanton’s in Palestine, Texas. Could not. Go figure.

1 Like

That is so kind of you - Its alot of fun to put this together

I am very happy watching what Coach Sam has restored or resurrected

It is good times and I’m going to sit back - not be stressed but just take it in - and enjoy it - Arkansas is tough and fun again - makes the Bourbon more enjoyable

Yes, Angels Envy has a unique finnish - Hoping our Razorbacks do too - maybe one that is Divine

1 Like

Clay,
I’m so sorry you didn’t find any Blanton’s in Texas (spit) Maybe texas (Spit) isnt that refined?

surly in NW Arkansas you can find some good Bourbon - Now for this week try some Angel’s Envy -

For this game I’m not sure if you can sneak a flask of the stuff on the plane but if your back in Arkansas watching remotely - try some - Blanton’s and Angels Envy

Arkansas needs some Devine Heavenly Intervention - BTW its alcohol - give a shot to Coach Sam - Alcohol kills COVID so I’m told

BTW If Arkansas has that Divine Intervention and Finds a way t Finnish off the Gators with a win - it may be time to break out a old bottle of yours and have a sip

That Razorback Bourbon is in a glass bottle - right? If it’s in a glass bottle it should be just fine

Go HOGS GOClays Razorback Bourbon

I can rarely find Angel’s Envy in Fayetteville. Every once in a while, the Sam’s liquor store in Fayetteville will get a few cases and it’s usually gone within a couple of days. I actually like the Angel’s Envy Rye better, but can never find it. It tends to more more pricey.

1 Like

I’m very traditional so I like the the malty smoky bourbons with vanilla pecan notes more than rye

Not a spice fan however James E Pepper (named appropriately) is my fav spice bourbon

Rye is the favorite of my RANGER friends

There has to be a connection there because alot of our Army RANGERS run a lot too just like you - maybe it’s what you drink ?

I hope you drive to Kentucky when we play them next and get you good Rye whiskies before you go back (or run back) to the Arkansas land we love

Actually, my daughter spends a lot of time in Lexington. She manages a bunch of campus student apartment complexes all across the SEC and her favorite is Lex. Where would you suggest I send her to find some bourbons that they just don’t sell in Arkansas?

1 Like

I appreciate your analysis and recommendations. I also like the flask. Thank you for your service. I retired from the US Army in 1980. Liked the Ranger reference. GHG!

1 Like

Thanks for the informative read Bluegrass. However, for me personally since current meds have halted my drinking days maybe you could 'toast" one for me tomorrow? My short but true story here is around 13 years ago I was in Fla. with a few friends and the guy and his wife we went to visit introduced me to knob creek. So with the Fla/Ark connection of sorts there, howz-za-bout taking a shot of knob creek for me tomorrow before the game and I’ll def be there with you in spirit! GHG!!!.

1 Like

Lucky she is in Lexington home of James E Pepper (It’s spicy but good)

Very hard to find but made right in Lexington

Otherwise if she can find some Weller - that would be awesome- hands down one of the friendliest Burbins around

TYSM and The Army goes Rolling along!

Ty for your service as well

I’ll have to find my bottle of Knob Creek - it’s Hiding around here somewhere

A Toast to Hogs Triumphant

1 Like

Irunalot-send your daughter to Justin’s House of Bourbon. One in Lexington and also in Louisville. They will have about anything you are looking for. Some things they are very pricey on but as the saying goes it is worth what you are willing to pay for it.

1 Like

Bluegrass has a great collection and knowledge of this…enjoy his analysis and recommendations. Angel’s Envy is VERY good as are the others he’s highlighted.

Another non traditional one I tired(friend gift) is Suntory Hibiki, which is a Japanese whisky. Very smooth.

1 Like

Thanks Bluegrass!

1 Like

Please forgive this long note

TYSM for your kind words - Once I was at a Command Hail and farewell I expressed my like for Bourbon and complimented the Captain and his spouse on their selection of Woodford -

I had done a bourbon tour and was taught how to taste the Bourbon correctly and I communicated that to the host as we shared a few sips trying to recognize the different flavorful notes

Next thing you know I’m given Bourbon gifts all over the place and a flask and one of my favorites some “Greenup” County Corn Squeezen that without a doubt is some of the smoothest most deadly Whisky I’ve ever enbibed - Its 149 proof and goes down smooth

Add peach cobbler flavor and it could kill you because before you know it you could be reaching poison level - I digress

I do enjoy Traditional bourbon - I truly like it - I don’t drink much but enjoy the flavors

When confronted by a Church Elder about my vice I was able to share this with them:

Whiskey Speech

*These pearls of timeless wisdom was presented to my by Joe Bollert. *

Noah “Soggy” Sweat, Mississippi legislator, judge

Thoughts on whiskey: Sweat gave his famous “If-by-whiskey” speech to the Mississippi legislature in 1953.

“I had not intended to discuss this controversial subject at this particular time. However, I want you to know that I do not shun controversy. On the contrary, I will take a stand on any issue at any time, regardless of how fraught with controversy it might be. You have asked me how I feel about whiskey. All right, here is how I feel about whiskey.

If when you say whiskey you mean the devil’s brew, the poison scourge, the bloody monster, that defiles innocence, dethrones reason, destroys the home, creates misery and poverty, yea, literally takes the bread from the mouths of little children; if you mean the evil drink that topples the Christian man and woman from the pinnacle of righteous, gracious living into the bottomless pit of degradation, and despair, and shame and helplessness, and hopelessness, then certainly I am against it.

But; If when you say whiskey you mean the oil of conversation, the philosophic wine, the ale that is consumed when good fellows get together, that puts a song in their hearts and laughter on their lips, and the warm glow of contentment in their eyes; if you mean Christmas cheer; if you mean the stimulating drink that puts the spring in the old gentleman’s step on a frosty, crispy morning; if you mean the drink which enables a man to magnify his joy, and his happiness, and to forget, if only for a little while, life’s great tragedies, and heartaches, and sorrows; if you mean that drink, the sale of which pours into our treasuries untold millions of dollars, which are used to provide tender care for our little crippled children, our blind, our deaf, our dumb, our pitiful aged and infirm; to build highways and hospitals and schools, then certainly I am for it.

This is my stand. I will not retreat from it. I will not compromise.”

All that said - Bourbon is great for a taligate or a simple time on game day

My hope for our Razorbacks the tilted glass is always for celebration and not for grievous medication

Go Hogs Go!

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.