Bluegrass Bourbon for the EOEK

Yes what Bourbon to sip as our Razorbacks battle the Evil Orange Empire of Knoxville (EOEK)
also known as University of Tennessee
and not to be mistaken for the EOEA (Evil Orange Empire of Austin) UTex (Spit)

Its hard but wherever there is Orange Arkansas blood should be boiling and

Its Off to the Races - Arkansas Thoroughbred filled with balance Hogs vs Tennessee Walkers as they run the ball with a solower offense

I recommend a more gentlemanly elixir that two fine Mountain Men (or woman) would share while watching a contest

The History of the two states demands a more refined glass

so in this case I recommend Blanton’s Single Barrel Bourbon

Brew Haus says of Blanton’s Bourbon;

"Taken from the center-cut or middle sections of the famous Warehouse H, Blanton’s Original Single Barrel was once designated for ambassadors, dignitaries, and Colonel Blanton’s family and friends.

The taste profile is sweet, with notes of citrus and oak. The creamy vanilla nose is teased with caramel and butterscotch, all underscored by familiar baking spices such as clove, nutmeg, or cinnamon. Blanton’s Original set the standard for single barrel bourbons in 1984.

Best served neat or on the rocks."

I highly agree with this review and recommend it as we watch our Razorbacks continue to out knife fight, Shoot and wrestle our mountain Kin and win the victory

Blanton’s is a fine Bourbon and I think it is perfect neat or on the rocks

I seem to get more vanilla notes against the spice - on the cream pecan notes its not as strong to me as it is in Woodford Double Oaked but lets save that for another mountain contest on Black Friday - so for now its Blanton’s fine Bourbon to watch this TN Long Rifle vs Arkansas Shotgun and Arkansas Toothpick vs Tn Bowie Knife - where Arkansas always owns the edge (pun intended) with Mr Blacks Knife forge the best cutting and close in fighters are always from Arkansas thats why our Arkansas National Guard Authorizes Bowie’s for its leaders

Go Hogs GO

3 Likes

I couldn’t agree more. I was just introduced to Blanton’s and it has become my favorite in short order.

1 Like

Gage left me some Elijah Craig single batch last week. I guess it’s “ok” too.

2 Likes

always hard to go wrong with anything from Buffalo Trace Distillery. Blanton’s is one of my favorite. GO HOGS!!

1 Like

Indeed it’s fine stuff

For the money it’s probably the best deal

Good flavor and richness

You can have a hidden taste test and ole Rev Craig’s single barrel is often selected as a fav by many

Yes bow a toast and sip beat to a Razorback Victory

Blanton’s is about my favorite “Affordable” bottle of bourbon. I have held a number of parties where I do blind tastings and have everyone rate the bourbons in order of preference. I will have six for tastings. Blanton’s always rates at or near the top. The other that always is at or near the top is Wild Turkey 81 proof.

1 Like

I love doing blind tastings amd it never ceases to amaze me of the honest “blind” preferences

People like what they like but yes Blanton’s always is In The top 5 if not best

It’s a winner

Top ten I see in blind tastings are with each being the # 1 at one or more blind tasting (in no particular order - and fun fir tailgate or game day parties)

Blanton’s

Woodford double oak

Elijah Craig single barrel

Woodford Reserve

Makers Mark

Buffalo Trace

Wild Turkey

James E Pepper

Four Roses (small batch)

Weller* (consistent too 5)

I’m hoping Our Razorbacks will become a consistent top 10 earning # 1 too

I guess I’ll have to try some Blanton’s.

A fine choice for a beautiful fall day and a Razorback victory!
Completely agree on the Blanton’s. It’s always been hard to get in Arkansas, but it is extremely difficult to find these days. Allocations are way down this year, and more and more people are discovering it. Behind Pappy, Blanton’s is the bourbon we get the most requests for. It’s very unlikely, but if you happen to see Blantons on the shelf somewhere at anything close to MSRP (approx $70-80), buy it immediately–you will not regret it.

Blanton is amazing. Definitely my fave. It’s really hard to find. I think it was Slives bourbon of choice.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.