Blair to the portal

Simeon Blair is in the portal according to Twitter. I think he was a captain. Played a ton of games. Very vocal leader on the field. Unfortunately, picked on and burned on a bunch of occasions.

Wonder what the behind the scenes was like in this case.

Arkansas had to upgrade at that position. This gives him a chance to go somewhere and play his final season of eligibility.

3 Likes

He was a good leader… I wish him the very best

2 Likes

Any kid that walks on and earns a scholarship has my respect.

10 Likes

Agreed. He was a Hog and he earned it. I wish him nothing but the best!

3 Likes

Which means we have 13 scholies to give now, I guess.

Some more info here on his season and career:

Wish Blair the very best and cannot thank him enough for his time with the Razorbacks! WPS

1 Like

Matt, is the implication here is that he may not be playing as much next year and this is the reason he’s leaving? Seems interesting he would play the Bowl, then leave. The other folks leaving announced early with no intentions of playing in the Bowl. Is there a formula for keeping more players from transferring? Obviously, the ones that are not going to play, there’s no concern over them leaving. But i think of the two player who went to LSU, arguably, they would have been a positive in our secondary this year, and this year, there are good players leaving.

Blair played for Dollarway Pine Bluff my Alma Mater. I have classmates that were in administration there. They told me he and his family were really fine folks. Wish him all the best. He may stay home and finish at UAPB. We’ll see.

1 Like

Maybe I’m wrong, but I don’t think he would get as much playing time next season at Arkansas.

I think the players who are trying to get to other major programs enter the portal before the bowl games because those spots can fill up fast. I’d be kind of surprised if Blair ends up at another Power 5 school.

UNLV?

I wish him the best.

1 Like

Thank you Simeon, for giving your all, being a Hog and seemingly a class guy. I would think that your future is bright no matter what path you choose. I hope next year will be rewarding for you and wherever you wind up, I would expect you will be an asset to the program. WPS

3 Likes

Matt, does this mean that Blair may have been counseled out by the coaching staff? Would his scholarship have been pulled?