Bittersweet......

Yesterday after the big win I called my big brother (actually brother in law) to rehash the big win. We do that often but not every game. Wendells daughter Donna was his go to gal to rehash every Hog football, basketball and baseball game. She had a brilliant mind and always brought up things me and brother missed. Donna left this world the weekend of Mothers Day in May. She was a great wife, mother, daughter, friend and niece. She was also a brilliant lawyer with her own practice in Fayetteville. Me and her beloved Aunt Suzi were there with her the last days of her life. Breast cancer was about the only fight she ever lost. Helping the funeral home guy put her body in the van was one of the hardest things I’ve ever done. Donna is currently rejoicing in heaven with her grandparents, my mom & dad and many other loved ones. That is not a hope but a fact based on her relationship with our Lord.

So yesterday as I tried to rehash the big win with Wendell I had a tear in my eye knowing that I was a sorry replacement for Donna. She would have been so happy to see the Hogs win. Donna leaves behind her loving husband James, a daughter Emily (who is brilliant like her mom) and a Sophomore at the UofA and Caroline who is an elite basketball player and a Sophomore at FHS. (She has offers from Murray State and Arkansas State already).

Sorry for this long post. It just helps to talk about it. Please keep our family in your prayers. Our hearts are so broken but our memories are precious.

Lifting up you and yours.

Sad time but so many wonderful memories.
Her impact on many lives will carry forward.
Sorry for your loss. Prayers for your family.