Big weekend for Hog Athletics

Baseball team sweeps Top 20 Tennessee

Softball defeats A&M

Men’s Golf wins SEC

Men’s and Women’s Track wins Track Meet over several quality programs

Yes indeed it was! It started off with the Men’s Golf Team winning the SEC golf Tournamnet and didn’t let up all day! It ended with the extra inning 3 run homer in the women’s softball game at Texas A&M.

In between we watched Connor Noland pitch a gem for 7 innings. It was wild the way the Vols tied the game and took the lead. But when Franklin hit the homer it was relief. Them Trest pitched his best inning of the year! In the bottom of the 10th Optiz came through with the game winning hit! Great day all the across the board. WPS!!!

[/quote]

Yes indeed it was! It started off with the Men’s Golf Team winning the SEC golf Tournamnet and didn’t let up all day! It ended with the extra inning 3 run homer in the women’s softball game at Texas A&M.

In between we watched Connor Noland pitch a gem for 7 innings. It was wild the way the Vols tied the game and took the lead. But when Franklin hit the homer it was relief. Them Trest pitched his best inning of the year! In the bottom of the 10th Optiz came through with the game winning hit! Great day all the across the board. WPS!!!

[/quote]

Our freshmen are “growing up” right before our eyes. Noland, Trest, Wicklander, etc. have been tested, struggled some, but have come through all of that more seasoned and sure of themselves. Our role players and subs are rising up to play and hit better and our stars are beginning to play solid. This team is peaking at the right time just like all well coached teams do. There is a mental and physical toughness from top to bottom on this team that I really like. Go Hogs.

When Noland adds a few pounds of muscle and experience to his game next season he could be a Friday night starter…

I told a friend of mine just the other day “it’s a lot more fun being a hog fan in the spring than the fall.” Hopefully that will change in a few more seasons.