Big night for Bobby Portis

Coming off the bench, Bobby had 28 pts, 11 rebs, 2 assists and 2 blocks in the Knicks 105-98 win over the Bulls. He shot 10 for 14 from the field, including 4 of 4 from the 3-point line and 4 of 5 on FTs.

Gafford recorded a DNP.

Great. I did not watch that game but may start watching if he keeps doing well. The only reason I ever watch NBA is when there is an ex Hog on the court .

Way to go Bobby. Saw in NY Post article that Mike A was there watching him.

Mike was also interviewed by the TV announcers for quite a while during the game. It is clear by few personal things he said, he still considers Arkansas home. He said he is rooting for his players back in Arkansas. He has definitely become darling of the media in New York. All over the newspapers, TV and Radio. Going thru honeymoon I guess. It will end once rubber hits the road.

Thanks for mentioning that. I know almost all of us are pulling for him.

I don’t think Gafford has played in a game yet. Hopefully as the year goes on he gets into the rotation. It’s not like the Bulls are a threat to make the playoffs this year, so they ought to see what he can do over ten or twelve games at some point.

I hope that eventually Bobby’s hard work and toughness will get him a spot in the rotation of a contender.