Big 12 releases 2022 football schedule

Including Zero U and the Fightin’ Fallopians. FWIW.

It does not include BYU, Cincy or any of the new members, who are expected to be on board in 2023.

They should have made the 'clips and whorns play each other weekly, “to better prepare them for the SEC”.:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

If the newbies are going to enter conference play early they each already have an SEC team scheduled in 2023.

Oklahoma has a home game with Georgia and Texas is @ Bama.

2022 would be a very difficult goal for making the switch. I can see it for 2023, but next fall would be tough.

1 Like

I think 2024 is the earliest Oklahoma or Texas would enter the SEC. The new TV rights do not go into effect until then and none of the SEC teams want to further divide what they receive now.

2 Likes

I knew Texas had an upcoming series with Bama coming up but I forgot that it starts next season in Austin!

That would not prepare them for the SEC. Playing the SEC West would prepare them. Not each other.

2 Likes

Just had a thought. It would be entirely consistent for Texass to lobby to be put in the SEC East because it’s easier; they expect special treatment in everything. Which is only one reason why divisions should be ditched.

1 Like

Don’t give them any ideas. If they think of it, it’s certainly something they’d look into.

1 Like

The UT folks are a bit distracted at the moment, trying to figure out who the football coach will be once they fire Saark after next season.

3 Likes

That’s just a tune up for SEC play. Let them face 8 SEC games without getting Vandy! Heck I think it’s good training.
One thing for sure Stinking Lincoln Riley didn’t want any part of the SEC!

1 Like

First there is a daunting trip to Lawrence for Texas. It’s a revenge game for the Longhorns. Think on that for a moment.

7 Likes

Lmao!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.