Bielema concerned with wrong issue

Excellent post.

Reed was just fine last year until Kansas State knocked him into next week at Memphis. Since then… Cause and effect, or coincidence, but to me there’s a clear line before and after

Clearly, you didn’t read all of his comments. He mentioned that the plan was probably unreasonable. He said you don’t do something your players can’t execute and he said they asked them to do too much. So if you read his comments about effort, you could have easily read the ones about the plan.

AMEN

I hope Coach B means that in the 3rd quarter when you are on their goal line with a chance to go ahead by a touchdown against an SEC doubly stacked goal line defense and your offensive advantage is receivers… --I hope he understands that you don"t just run the ball four times.

I think for most people watching on TV, it was clear that control of the game turned on that A&M goal line stand.

I’d also offer that our QB might have been less battered if we had passed occasionally on 1st down in the 1st half.

–Gatorhog

[quote=“GatorHogOne”]

I hope Coach B means that in the 3rd quarter when you are on their goal line with a chance to go ahead by a touchdown against an SEC doubly stacked goal line defense and your offensive advantage is receivers… --I hope he understands that you don"t just run the ball four times.

I think for most people watching on TV, it was clear that control of the game turned on that A&M goal line stand.

I’d also offer that our QB might have been less battered if we had passed occasionally on 1st down in the 1st half.

–Gatorhog
[/quote]So easy to look back now and just kick the field goal. That might have at least capped off a major drive and kept some of the momentum. But I, like most everybody else, did not think they could stop us on that drive at the goal line. It was an impressive drive, and that gets lost ---- and rightfully so. More impressive goal line stop, but red zone stops happen all the time in the NFL — and they kick normally because that is the smart thing to do. Take the three. Take out the emotional decision. Maybe the coaching staff learned something and ego’s may need to be checked a little.
Booger McFarland said it earlier this year, and I thought he was crazy at the time — but he may be right. Our best and most experienced players are receivers.
I am with you ---- going to need to throw on 1st down when they stack the box. Austin Allen has to be a top three OB in the SEC. But did anybody actually think we were going to go undefeated ? Still got a really good team.